Worst twitching yet in feet, anyone else to this extent?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Worst twitching yet in feet, anyone else to this extent?

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on March 27th, 2014, 12:13 am

Hey all,

I'll try to keep it brief, I was sick for 3 months (Bronchitis). Twitching started towards the end and it's been 6 months. The twitching itself no longer really scares me (more other things), I have body wide spontaneous ones. Often enough in calves and 24/7 every moment of the *beep* day in each of my feet along the side where the big toe is.

I only got 6 hours sleep last night...today my big toes both felt crampy when I pressed them...which happens, no biggie. Just took off my sock to look at my feet and... well. It seems like twitching doesn't even explain what I am seeing.

The whole side of each of my feet look like they are moving. All along the entire muscle. You could say like 10 or 15 twitches per SECOND. It's like my feet are alive. Does anyone else have it to this extent often? I am assuming it has to do with less sleep than normal + an energy drink 3 hours ago.

Cheers.
Gamindsoc1509

Re: Worst twitching yet in feet, anyone else to this extent?

Postby nrwtwitcher on March 27th, 2014, 2:20 am

Hi Gamindsoc, I have this, every day...and every night. The same at my calfes...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Tiber2011 on April 3rd, 2014, 11:16 am

The "hotspot" areas of my feet are the arches for twitching.

Even before I had bfs, I could remember getting some twitches that were short-lived in the arches and not think about it. Especially true after stretching or putting them in weird positions.

Maybe try wearing Birkenstocks on the weekend to give your feet a rest from being all tensed-up all day.

Or try soaking them in a hot bathtub.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby donnastar on April 3rd, 2014, 5:21 pm

Hot spot for me too 80% of the time, somethings it causes my feet to cramp. It is annyoing but I'll have a bath, ask my husband for a foot massage and wear socks to bed if they are going really crazy!
donnastar

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on April 9th, 2014, 4:31 pm

In all honesty, I don't fear the twitches themselves. I fear what they may possibly represent. I suppose I just want to confirm other people are feeling this to the same extent.

Today after some excercise, my right foot was literally alive. The side of the big toe. The whole area was constantly moving as if there was something under the skin. Whenever I post about this I don't get many responses and I am a bit unclear on if people actually have it to this extent or just constant more spaced out twitching in the area.

Anyone?
Gamindsoc1509

Postby bobajojo on April 9th, 2014, 6:30 pm

To be honest, sounds like a very mild form of BFS. Not only are my feet just like you describe, but so are my calves, thighs, elbows and now both biceps as well. 24/7, not a second off.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby donnastar on April 9th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Both my feet can be alive like lightening bolts in the arches. My big toe will even be pulled away when my feet are twitching and camping. Worrisome at times but learning to truly ignore them. The less I focus on them the better they seem but I bet if look at them right now they are constantly moving. You're not alone :)
donnastar

Postby Cobber on April 9th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Hi Gamindsoc

I get between 20 and 100 visible twitches per minute in my left calf/foot (less on the right). Been going non stop for 15 months. 24/7 all day and night. No exaggeration.

Visually it's crazy, just as you describe your feet. On the odd occasion when I've shown someone they are shocked so it's understandable we feel uncomfortable since it's happening to us.

After sport or not enough sleep the twitching increases (but never goes away even when i'm well rested).

My case is an unusual one though as I also have some calf atrophy and toe weakness and I've been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and BFS. You can see my post history for the testing etc I had done. initially I was very worried since I had twitching, toe weakness and calf atrophy but after the testing/diagnosis and over time (15 months) I feel better about things. I believe my situation has nothing to do with anxiety.

In my case I was told to keep exercising to keep the strength in the left calf and toes. Which is great as I love jogging and swimming and I'm fit. It just means that my twitching goes nuts but at least I can keep the remaining calf muscle active :)

So although my diagnosis is a bit unique for this forum I guess I'm just trying to say that even with some scary symptoms (excessive localized twitching, atrophy, weakness) it can be a myriad of things that are still not really life changing.

Also things like back problems , nerve damage, viruses could play a bigger part for more people on this site than what's realized.

cheers
Cobber

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on April 9th, 2014, 10:12 pm

Thank God I am limited 7 months to only the standard BFS symptoms of twitching and cramp like feelings...

But thanks, all your posts help quite a lot and I just wanted to ensure others have it too. I may consider doing an 8 month final follow up with a neuro (I've only been once at 1.5 months with no EMG) just for peace of mind.
Gamindsoc1509

Postby twitchydds on April 10th, 2014, 6:21 am

I have twitched 24/7 in my feet since the beginning 16 months straight. I have not once even looked at my feet. I am so used to them I dont even give them a second thought. My eyelid twitching is what I cant and never will get used too.
Jim
twitchydds

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 11th, 2014, 10:52 am

I can feel my twitches every second. I do not have a look on my feet, the twitches are very strong ....
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on April 16th, 2014, 5:57 am

That is the same kind of Hotspot I have. The sides of the feets where the big toe is. And ist is sometimes also almost moving the toe.
in addition I have pain under my feet and and a decline of muscle under the one feet where I have not so much twitches. I have visited 4 neuro muscle ambulances, among them one ALS ambulance. Outcome: No ALS.Maybe s.th. autoimmune (I am now searching in this direction because I hat a strong increase of my ANA - autoimmune bodys one time..)

So ist is good to knowthere are others with the same twitches..

German2
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS