Does anyone else get forearm/finger twitches?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Does anyone else get forearm/finger twitches?

Postby Tiber2011 on March 26th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Mine seem to start on Monday. I've had them before, but never this long.

My forearm, deep inside, with get a spasm-like rumbling. Then, my fingers, esp the index, will spasm and go up and down. Right now, it feels weak. Yet, I just grabbed a bottle and squeezed it tight.

Getting tired of this and trying not to worry...but I am.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Does anyone else get forearm/finger twitches?

Postby twitchydds on March 30th, 2014, 2:16 pm

My forearms were going crazy a few weeks ago. They seem to have slowed down. Last week I was complaining of hand twitches causing my middle finger to move......nobody commented on my post. I am guessing because these are status quo for BFS.

Do you still get eyelid twitches?. My upper left eyelid is going 16 months now. I also get twitches everywhere around my eyelids and face. Had a cheek thumpers for a few seconds today. Seeing an ophthalmologist on Thurs. to look into BOTOX for my eyelid twitches. I figured since we are going on 16 months I could use some eyelid relief at the very least.
twitchydds

Postby ShawnW on March 30th, 2014, 10:38 pm

My left eyelid is currently my worst place. This all started with a twitch moving my index finger. Both of these amongst this group are very common.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Tiber2011 on March 31st, 2014, 3:52 pm

twitchydds wrote:My forearms were going crazy a few weeks ago. They seem to have slowed down. Last week I was complaining of hand twitches causing my middle finger to move......nobody commented on my post. I am guessing because these are status quo for BFS.

Do you still get eyelid twitches?. My upper left eyelid is going 16 months now. I also get twitches everywhere around my eyelids and face. Had a cheek thumpers for a few seconds today. Seeing an ophthalmologist on Thurs. to look into BOTOX for my eyelid twitches. I figured since we are going on 16 months I could use some eyelid relief at the very least.

Yes, my right eye-lid has been non-stop for 12 months. It's a sideways twitch. I used to get eyelid twitches in the past when I was tired; now it's permanent in my right eyelid.

I suppose our hand/forearm fasics are status quo.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RobJ on March 31st, 2014, 5:15 pm

I've had the forearm twitchy thing on and off for 20 years, I do feel weakness when it occurs. Sometimes I don't even realize the forearm is twitching until I rest my arms on my leather recliner armrests and I can feel the rumble. Other times real annoying, I have to hide my arms when I'm in meetings, moves my arm and my hand...embarrassing!

Some times it leaves for months if not years, then sadly returns.

My right leg is by far the biggest pain in my a**. My thigh, hamstring, sides of knee, calf, area between calf and heel, arch, and bottom of feet will twitch non-stop and makes my leg feel so sore. Hate the feeling, just starting to think weakness is setting in and then it's gone like everything is normal for months, even years....

20+ years of cycling....don't understand it....
RobJ

Postby twitchydds on April 1st, 2014, 8:35 am

I think at this point I would take even days of no twitching Rob even if it comes back! Tiber.....yea mine is also more of a sideways twitch now in the corner of my eye for the last few months. I also get so many other facial buzzes, which i am guessing are twitches all around both eyes. Although this syndrome may not be progressive in the sense that it is debilitating.....it is certainly progressive in the sense that it spreads. Thats why I may botox all 4 eyelid areas to give me some relief from this madness..
twitchydds

Postby Tiber2011 on April 3rd, 2014, 11:11 am

RobJ wrote:I've had the forearm twitchy thing on and off for 20 years, I do feel weakness when it occurs. Sometimes I don't even realize the forearm is twitching until I rest my arms on my leather recliner armrests and I can feel the rumble. Other times real annoying, I have to hide my arms when I'm in meetings, moves my arm and my hand...embarrassing!

Some times it leaves for months if not years, then sadly returns.

My right leg is by far the biggest pain in my a**. My thigh, hamstring, sides of knee, calf, area between calf and heel, arch, and bottom of feet will twitch non-stop and makes my leg feel so sore. Hate the feeling, just starting to think weakness is setting in and then it's gone like everything is normal for months, even years....

20+ years of cycling....don't understand it....

Rob, the same thing will occur to my forearm (rumbling, then a force in the tendons to make the fingers move) if i put pressure on them while on an armrest.

They may feel weak when it occurs. Also, my left legs still gets fluttering, bubbling fasics. They can be induced when I'm nervous, or crossing my legs. My hamstrings behind the knee feel tight now, and always causing some pain.

Now, I get prickling in the left heel and left pinky finger.

I am trying not to be stressed, but my goodness, 12 months of this...could it be something that we all fear?
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS