No RIP for us BFSers

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

No RIP for us BFSers

Postby Little Lost on March 22nd, 2014, 8:13 am

I read that it is common for people to develop widespread fasciculations after they are brain dead..... mmmmm does that mean there is a high chance we are all actually dead even though we have clean EMGs, clean clinicals and no weakness.... I am seriously begining to doubt my gp and neuro.....

Hx

Tour guide: I have never seen a ghost in all the years I have given tours of this castle.
Visitor: How long is that then
Tour guide: 300 years.

Sorry no need for that awful joke but thought it would add a bit of atmosphere to my post.
Little Lost
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: No RIP for us BFSers

Postby MarioMangler on March 22nd, 2014, 2:42 pm

I'm not quite dead. I'm getting better.

-Monty Python
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Little Lost on March 22nd, 2014, 5:13 pm

If you die in an elevator be sure to push the up button.

Hx
Little Lost
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on March 24th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Little Lost wrote:I read that it is common for people to develop widespread fasciculations after they are brain dead..... mmmmm does that mean there is a high chance we are all actually dead even though we have clean EMGs, clean clinicals and no weakness.... I am seriously begining to doubt my gp and neuro.....

I've read ongoing studies that indicate that clinically or "brain dead" people have had the most amazing conscious experiences and realizations, some of which are reported as veridical NDEs. I am seriously doubting what some materialistic scientists and philosophers are telling us about reality, our mind and its origins, and our true potential.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS