New Symptoms: Advice Much Appreciated From Y'All

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New Symptoms: Advice Much Appreciated From Y'All

Postby Tiber2011 on March 13th, 2014, 9:49 am

Hello friends,

I'm trying to stay positive and calm as I write this, but I had a huge increase in symptoms since the beginning of this month.

For starters, I have a rather embarrassing one. When I make #2, my left foot's heel will get a little bit of pain (guess it's from a nerve ending). Used to hurt when I wiped, but that went away. Maybe I am putting pressure on the sciatic nerve? Or, is it something worse?

Secondly, my left foot also feel weak above the middle toes for the past 4 days. Yet, it works fine; I'm not falling, I can curl my toes. I even tried doing the Babinski reflex on myself ( :( ). Nothing out of the ordinary. Yet, when I walk, that area just feels weak.

My twitching is still all over. Quivering isn't present so much now.

Buzzing is also increasing. The side of my left knee buzzes on and off all day, especially when I stand. Now, as of yesterday, my right knee and thigh buzz. I did do A LOT of shoveling yesterday morning of heavy, wet snow, plus carried 3 chairs up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment. Yet, these buzzing areas come on and off.

I may have felt these items before. I also haven't slept well; my CPAP is bothering me and I just can't get a good, deep, restful sleep, with or without CPAP.

I see my neuro in two weeks for a scheduled check-up. She told me and my mom that I don't have MS (and the other thing), but now I want to question that again.

What advice have you in regards to what's going on right now? It just doesn't seem to fit the mold of BFS. Or, does it?
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New Symptoms: Advice Much Appreciated From Y'All

Postby Tiber2011 on March 14th, 2014, 9:50 am

Also, should I ask for a 3rd EMG and a 2nd brain and 2nd back MRI?......
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on March 14th, 2014, 9:53 am

Tiber,
could you please explain why do you think that those symptomes does not fit BFS mold?
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Tiber2011 on March 14th, 2014, 11:22 am

Yuliasir wrote:Tiber,
could you please explain why do you think that those symptomes does not fit BFS mold?

It's the buzzing, plus that heel issue that gets me this time.

Ok, rationally, I want to believe I have a pinched/compressed nerve causing that heel issue. I don't know what else could cause it.

The buzzing I have heard is BFS-related. But yet it's really increased, especially in my legs recently. I'm worried it's something sinister.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on March 14th, 2014, 3:03 pm

pain in the heel is usually caused by so called 'spurs' - bony structures growing as a result of mechanical stress, buzzing is EXTREMELY common in BFS.

so no reason to think it is something sinister.
Things which do not gt into BFS mold are foot drop, clinical weakness, stroke, asymmetrical reflexes, etc.
your symptomes are not form that cohort.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Tiber2011 on March 15th, 2014, 10:31 am

Yuliasir wrote:pain in the heel is usually caused by so called 'spurs' - bony structures growing as a result of mechanical stress, buzzing is EXTREMELY common in BFS.

Things which do not gt into BFS mold are foot drop, clinical weakness, stroke, asymmetrical reflexes, etc.

Thank you, Yulia. My only issue that I truly have with my left heel is the nerve issue - I feel pain in my heel (like a prickly nerve pain) when I am using the toilet (embarassing, I know). I hope it's just a irritated nerve from a muscle putting pressure on it, and not MS.

It seems like it' starting to go away, too.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby HypoKev on March 20th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Tiber2011 wrote:
Yuliasir wrote:pain in the heel is usually caused by so called 'spurs' - bony structures growing as a result of mechanical stress, buzzing is EXTREMELY common in BFS.

Thank you, Yulia. My only issue that I truly have with my left heel is the nerve issue - I feel pain in my heel (like a prickly nerve pain) when I am using the toilet (embarassing, I know). I hope it's just a irritated nerve from a muscle putting pressure on it, and not MS.

It seems like it' starting to go away, too.

Not to get too graphic, but when I am sitting on the toilet, my legs will sometimes fall asleep due to the position they are in - especially when it comes time to... clean-up. I find that I place a great deal of pressure on my left leg (because I'm right-handed) which causes my leg to feel a painful sensation. Honestly, it's just the geometry of the situation. Toilets are hard plastic and there is no give, thus leg circulation pays the price. I wouldn't worry. Also, for me I attribute the buzzing that I feel to an over-awareness of my legs; as if I am too physically focused on them, ya know?
HypoKev

Postby ShawnW on March 21st, 2014, 8:25 am

Sensory issues are not ***. Your legs fall asleep when you sit on the toilet because of the sciatic nerve and a hard surface. Relax.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Tiber2011 on March 21st, 2014, 9:18 am

ShawnW wrote:Sensory issues are not ***. Your legs fall asleep when you sit on the toilet because of the sciatic nerve and a hard surface. Relax.

Thanks; it has to be the sciatic nerve. However, I'm fearful of MS...because it's not so much falling asleep, but a prickling in the heel. Praying it's not a lesion causing this.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS