Neuropathy with BFS?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Neuropathy with BFS?

Postby CarlaCT on November 2nd, 2002, 8:33 am

Hi All,
I have rad many posts and believe I have BFS. Twitching for two months with neg. EMG and neg Brain MRI and blood work. Neuro did not say "BFS" but indicated twitches were not due to MS or ALS or nerve damage. Anyway I saw one post on here about neuropathy but person did not mention having it. I have a cobweb like feeling in my left hand and over an area of my left foot along with some occasional buzzing and some aches here and there.
Anyone else have neuropathy symptoms with BFS? Am I to believe this is all benign? Been to so many docs, who say "anxiety", but can' help feeling it's more!!!!
Thanks for any help:)
CarlaCT

Postby Arron on November 2nd, 2002, 2:33 pm

Carla, BFS is a condition that is given when all of the nasty diseases are ruled out. Not all neuro's even know about the new term BFS but if you were given an all clear diagnosis and that your condition is benign, then it doesn't matter if your doctor actually said "BFS" or not, he did say it was benign and you have twitches and neuropathy, that IS BFS in a nutshell and nothing more... My own doctors hadn't heard of the term BFS either, and these guy's are good, so it's not that you had a bad doctor or anything. We all have some sort of neuropathy. The buzzing you describe is not neuropathy though. That is simply a very fast, low amplitude twitch. Twitches come in many shapes and forms from buzzing fast one's to great big thumpers that hit once, move a whole limb and go away, to the ten million other one's in between that may stay in one spot for hours, days, weeks months or even years, to the one's that play "ring the bell and run". The one thing you need to know is that you have a BENIGN condition, nothing else, so don't dwell on it or seek answers because as of yet, there aren't that many answers, just support from lots of other people that have the exact same thing as you. You are not alone. Hope that helped! :-)
Arron

Postby michelle on November 2nd, 2002, 5:48 pm

Hi Carla. I have feelings of parathesia too. Such as, cobwebs, trickling water, prickly etc. I have been diagnosed with BFS & Fibromyalgia. I have chatted with a lot of people who have BFS & who also get feelings of parathesia too. I also get patchy numbness too. Although it can be fairly annoying, try not to worry too much about it, especially if the nasty stuff has been ruled out!

Michelle
michelle

Postby Davidd on November 3rd, 2002, 4:47 pm

Carla--

You are not alone! Before I even developed the twitching I went to see a neuro about numbness and tingling and he diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy. I had numbness and tingling in most of my extremities which completely went away after a month. What was strange was that as that was going away, the twitching was developing. How convenient for me!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MariaE. on November 4th, 2002, 2:29 pm

Carla:
Same here! I first had the numbness and the tingling. Started worrying about MS, then developed the twitches. Went on the internet looking under twitches and you know where it leads from there!!! :cry:
I still get the numbness and tingling, sometimes in my hands, sometimes on my feet.
You are not alone!! :)
Take care,
MariaE.
MariaE.

Postby MariaE. on November 4th, 2002, 2:30 pm

Carla:
Same here! I first had the numbness and the tingling. Started worrying about MS, then developed the twitches. Went on the internet looking under twitches and you know where it leads from there!!! :cry:
I still get the numbness and tingling, sometimes in my hands, sometimes on my feet.
You are not alone!! :)
Take care,
MariaE.
MariaE.

Thanks

Postby CarlaCT on November 4th, 2002, 4:34 pm

Glad to know I'm not alone, I am about to turn 25 and I'm like okay, now my body's gonna do a weird 360 on me?! So glad I found this board, it's helped me gain back my sanity... Thank You guys, I will keep posting and reading... Thanks so much!!! :) :D
CarlaCT

Postby Davidd on November 4th, 2002, 7:39 pm

Carla--

By chance are you in CT? (Hence the name CarlaCT?!)

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby CarlaCT on November 6th, 2002, 1:54 am

Yes, I live in Connecticut, Do you?
CarlaCT

Postby Davidd on November 6th, 2002, 2:40 pm

Yes I do. I live in Stamford. Where in CT do you live?

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby j1 on November 8th, 2002, 1:04 am

Davidd,
sounds so familiar. I had numbness (slight) and strange feeling on my wrist that sent me to the neurologists. By the time I had the first appt. the twitching started and the rest is history. Today..the twitching still exists and I have fierce buzzing in my my left hand (along with twitching there). Anyway...your comment sounds just like what I am going through.
j1
j1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS