constant tiny twitch in upper arm

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: constant tiny twitch in upper arm

Postby matthew dolan on January 8th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Hey Anxious guy,

My twitch is the same way and it has been going on for 6 months now. It has not stopped or increased, it is constant.. I have my emg the 27 of this month. I am really worried because my right calf area is really tight and is weaker I can't do as much physical activity as I can for my left.. walking on balls of heel, walking on tip toe. I can do all those on my right leg but not as long as I can on my left...... FREAKING out..

Thanks,

Matt
matthew dolan

Postby matthew dolan on January 27th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Hey all,

I just got back from my emg, on my right arm and right leg. It was normal. I hope tis will help me move on. I am still worried about my calf that she did not stick the needle where it felt like there were creepy crawlies... would the test have shown abnormalities if something was wrong between my arm ad leg?

Thanks,

Matt
matthew dolan

Postby Anxious guy on February 6th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Hey I ain't been here in a while but that's awesome news Matt !!
Let that be the catalyst for you to calm and regain your life with no worries regarding twitching !!
I had my neuro follow up too just on Monday this week, go have a read.. Your classic BFS !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby matthew dolan on February 26th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Hey Anxious guy,

Im glad that nothing was found but it has not helped me rest easy.. Im not just twitching its the feeling in the body pat along with the twitching. My neck cramps and now my soulder area near the area of my neck is sore like I worked out. Worried its muscle compensation of my neck. Also my right outer calf is stiff and tight as I said before. It is getting worse. There is a constant ache and also getting hard to move. Im still just as worried if not more so. I just think they missed something. They did not stick the needle in the atea on my leg that bothers me. Or my neck... ugh

Thanks for reading,

Matt
matthew dolan

Postby ShawnW on February 27th, 2014, 6:46 am

First, don't doubt the EMG. Second, you don't get fasics before changes to the reflexes...you just don't. Changes to reflexes are first. Your neurologist knows how to do a basic neuro exam. If it's normal he/she could have stopped there.

Lets talk a little about your "weakness" and soreness. I'm going to make a few assumptions. This started in one spot...then you did some reading...and convinced yourself you have something bad. Then the symptoms spread. From there the symptoms changed. You start testing yourself...probably a lot of testing.

When you exercise, especially with odd unnatural movements under panic levels of stress over periods of time...you will cause an overuse syndrome. The adrenaline alone being unused can cause inflammation of the muscles. There are only two ways of getting better from this...stop freaking out and stop testing. My right arm became so weak I could barely shampoo my hair. Why? Because I created an overuse syndrome with testing while under panic levels of stress. That is a bad combo. It will create problems.

Your brain is no longer thinking logically. You have almost no ability the reason about your own symptoms. You just got a clean clinical, a clean EMG, and now a medical explanation for why you feel weak and you will struggle accepting. Why? Because you have an anxiety disorder. Your brain processes everything as a threat. And this is a real threat because stress will kill you. And let me tell you something the sooner you get to the root of this (anxiety) the better your chances at recovery. The longer you struggle with anxiety the more likely your nervous system and mind will learn new baselines. Take some time off work, get some massages, get some therapy, mineral salt baths, walks in the park, prayer, meditation, faith...go on vacation. Research on nothing but anxiety...nothing. And accept the fact that your neurologist just gave you a clean bill of health.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby matthew dolan on February 27th, 2014, 10:51 am

Hey,

Im going to a psychologist in hopes to heal. I hope all you guys are right that nothing could be missed through all this because the twitching is not bothering me its the feeling. The strength loss and soreness.. I hope its all nothing.

Thanks,

Matt
matthew dolan

Postby matthew dolan on April 20th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Hey all,

It has been a little bit since I posted something. Im currently going to psychologist, its not helping with the symptoms but mentally it is. My leg is getting worse.... I have a hard time balancing while walking. And it aches and twitches, I cant see them but feel constant movements. Might go see nuerolagist again. Still very worried.

Matt
matthew dolan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Questions About BFS