weird twitching on top of hand causing fingers to move

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

weird twitching on top of hand causing fingers to move

Postby vitalogy03 on June 24th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Anybody every have a twitch on the op part of your hand that causes your finger to move...if I lay my hand flat I can see the twitch about half way back on my hand and it causes my ring finger to move...this normal or not??

Thanks in advance for reading!!
vitalogy03

Re: weird twitching on top of hand causing fingers to move

Postby virginiasteve on June 24th, 2013, 9:24 pm

I have experienced this on and off for four years. Sometimes it moves my fingers from side to side. other times it effects my thumb. Usually stays with me for several days and stops. All the Best to You!
virginiasteve

Postby LApea on June 24th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Yup! Just a few days ago I had a twitch between my ring and middle finger, making my thumb move back and forth all day! My toes have also moved on their own plenty of times.
You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. -Paulo Coelho
LApea
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby vitalogy03 on June 25th, 2013, 8:48 am

Great!!!
Always good to hear from others going through the same things as me!! Its so hard to not search google and have my fear of parkinson's return... thanks for the quick responses!!!
vitalogy03

Postby wimpy39jen on June 25th, 2013, 8:59 am

Count me in too! :D A couple of weeks ago I had a twitching middle finger on my right hand, now I have a twitching thumb on the opposite hand that is really annoying! My toes have also twitched and moved back and forth.
Jennifer
wimpy39jen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on June 25th, 2013, 9:50 am

If I lay my hand flat on my desk, it doesn't take long before it starts twitching between my ring and index fingers. Does't move my fingers, but you can clearly see the twitches. I do get twitching that moves my fingers but those seem to come from my forearm. But yes, I have lots of hand and arm twtiching. They never seem to stop. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyMark on June 26th, 2013, 10:46 am

I had this spontaneously for a few months and then it subsided and would only happen if I compressed a nerve while resting my arm on the desk or chair arm rest. This and the rest of my symptoms above the waist are just about completely gone now nearing my 10th month. I sort of miss it. :) But my leg twitches keep me company.
TwitchyMark

Postby Twitchy82 on April 10th, 2014, 5:31 pm

I have this exact thing!!! It twitches between my middle and ring finger half way down my hand. I cant feel the twitching and they occur when I open and close my hand and last a few a seconds but I can also trigger them with a flick. Im worried because i have heard that twitches you cant feel and that can be triggered by flicking or muscle movement are dangerous... Should I be worried??
Twitchy82

Postby veryworried123 on April 10th, 2014, 11:28 pm

How about hand sorness
I don't know how to describe this but it feels like my hand gets tight or sore or also like a smal cramp
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby ShawnW on April 11th, 2014, 3:19 am

veryworried123 wrote:How about hand sorness
I don't know how to describe this but it feels like my hand gets tight or sore or also like a smal cramp

I get not only the twitching of the hand moving my index finger but I get bilateral hand cramping...bilateral foot cramping as well. It's more like an ache, I can rub the hand and it's sore. But, this goes away when my stress is in check. I had nearly a month with minimal symptoms...very little twitching maybe like 10-20 a day, no real hand or foot pain. As my stress and health anxiety has creeped back up this month it has all returned but thankfully not to the extent that it was before. It was rough yesterday, today better. I can only guess to the physiology of it.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on April 11th, 2014, 3:29 am

Happens to me as well qute often, at few few times a week. These are interosseous muscles of the hand.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby danny13 on April 17th, 2014, 11:42 am

Vit,
I get this all the time! Over last 4 years have had every finger twitch to some extent. It is fascinating to watch your own finger moving back and forth....and stressful.
Danny
danny13

Postby German2 on April 18th, 2014, 8:10 am

I had a moving thumb hole day. it started while making some exercises for my neck and did not stop anymore. i rubbed in some Aconit pain oil from "wala". It stopped and never came back. it is homoepathic and worth a try...
Against other twitches on my hotspot it helps min imize them a bit.
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS