Question for feet twitchers...

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question for feet twitchers...

Postby Craig on October 30th, 2002, 1:36 pm

For the past month or so I have been experiencing rapid twitching in the insteps of my feet that I can visually see but usually connot feel. The twitches are very fine and will sometimes look almost like boiling water underneath my skin. It occurs in both of my feet and has recently moved to my calves. I probably wouldn't know that I had them now, but I noticed them after I was drying off my feet after swimming. They are fairly constant throughout the day. I had a normal EMG last week but am scared as I have not heard of anyone else having symptoms like this. Am I the only one with this one?
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby paranoid on October 30th, 2002, 5:16 pm

No Craig, you arnt the only one!! My right foot has been doing that for the past month. Little ones I cant feel that to me look like little snakes crawling under the skin. On the same foot at the same time I also get big whoppers 24/7 that move my toes. I also get cramps. I havnt had my E.M.G. yet but I had a clean neuro exam. The only thing that consoles me about these foot twitches is that when they moved here they 90% moved out of my right calf.
Take care,
Sandy
paranoid

Postby Arron on October 30th, 2002, 11:26 pm

Craig, read the posts on this web site! There are LOTS of people that describe EXACTLY what you have and it is VERY common. In fact, it is probably the second most common symptom (other than twitching calves) of BFS there is. It has nothing to do with ALS at all...
Arron

Arron

Postby Brian_B on October 30th, 2002, 11:40 pm

I just wanted to say thank you, while I know I had a clean neuro exam when this started, its nice to see people like you and others that have gone through same thing. Its one thing to know theres other people out there with same thing but still another to actually see them talk about it.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on October 31st, 2002, 1:28 am

Craig,

You describe what I have most of the time. If I sit very still I can feel a sensation, sometimes not, and other times I really feel them. They are kind of creepy to watch.

On the lighter side.....
Today I was at the salon waiting to get my hair cut and a woman was sitting next to me with sandles on (yes it's still in the 70's here). I found myself looking at the sides of her foot (acted like I was reading) because I wanted to see if her feet twitched too :!: My God, have I lost it or what!? I started laughing and thought I'd have to share that on this website. No one else would understand. If anyone noticed, they must think I have a foot fetish! Ha Call me nuts, but what the heck. :P
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby guest on October 31st, 2002, 5:24 am

just tell me: did her feet twitch ?
;)

Postby Craig on October 31st, 2002, 9:40 am

Thanks guys. I think this whole BFS thing would be much easier to deal with if there weren't always new symptoms popping up. It always makes me feel much better to know that I'm not the only one with a certain symptom. Thank goodness for this board....

Craig
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS