twitching in cheek?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

twitching in cheek?

Postby Mercfh on June 15th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Is this normal? First time i experienced this?
normally i twitch in my arm but i was laughing at a movie and soon as i stopped the left side of my cheek started twitching?

Isnt facial twitching not common with bfs? Is this indicative of als? (Facial twitches i thought were?)

Thanks
Mercfh

Re: twitching in cheek?

Postby mike fla on June 16th, 2012, 12:02 am

People with BFS twitch EVERYWHERE and yes that includes all over the face and scalp. Nothing about facial twitches means you have ALS.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby johnnythejet on June 16th, 2012, 12:27 am

Mercfh wrote:Isnt facial twitching not common with bfs? Is this indicative of als? (Facial twitches i thought were?)

If its not common with BFS, then I don't know what to think about the last 7 years of my facial twitching...
For real though, its very common with BFS and not with ALS. If you are thinking ALS because of ANY of this twitching then you are worrying about nothing.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Lasszucken on June 16th, 2012, 4:37 am

It can twitch everywhere. Even there, where you tought there were no muscles.
My nose and my forehead are twitching sometimes...
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby alwaystwitching on June 16th, 2012, 10:54 pm

My right cheek is what finally made me a registered user here, and its very strong twitching, so distracting and impossible to ignore. It does not mean als, any muscle can twitch, I have been assured of this repeatedly. My face never twitched for 11 years, now my face involved. It's normal for bfs, just remember that. I am here to remind myself, i am positive but admittedly I like to talk to others with this annoying bfs, it can make you negative if you can't relate to others who understand. ANY muscle can twitch.
alwaystwitching

Postby Missi on June 19th, 2012, 1:20 am

Yup! Cheek! Annoying!! Pretty much the last 4 days actually. Can only really feel it with my tongue if it's pressed against my cheek.. But it's like tight or I can tell something is up with it.. Bothers the crap outta me!!
Missi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tastemaker on June 19th, 2012, 1:29 am

They have been a very rare twitch for me so far, but I've had a few of these as well.
tastemaker

Postby plainslady on June 19th, 2012, 1:44 am

In the first few weeks and months I twitched quite a bit in my cheeks, beside my nose, my forehead and my scalp. 10 months in I get them much less, but occasionally they do show themselves. Facial twitches can be very stressful as it is so easy for others to see them. Rest assured though, they are not indicative of anything bad.

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby Lillerz on July 9th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Hi there. I got a very violent machine gun twitch in my cheek for the first time this morning which really freaked me out. Like other people have said, it's the fact that it's very obvious that is the worst part. I've had BFS for 8 months and am mostly over the thought that it's anything more serious.

I've had an EMG which came back clean, so no reason to worry anymore. This forum has really helped me when I've been going through a bad time with this and the posts from everyone are greatly appreciated.
Twitching since October 2011
Lillerz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS