Internal tremor upon waking, anyone else?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Internal tremor upon waking, anyone else?

Postby allmylove16 on January 29th, 2012, 7:07 pm

I have had bfs since october 2010 and have had an occasional buzzing feeling and an arm tremor upon waking but for 4wks now I have had an internal tremor upon waking almost every morning in my trunk. I thought it was due to a medication change so I stopped the new med and started taking what I was on prior but the tremors have continued. Is this something to call my neuro about or is this just bfs just evolving into a new sxs? Anyone get these? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Shelly
allmylove16

Re: Internal tremor upon waking, anyone else?

Postby Shanny63 on January 29th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Hi shelly, yes I get these Internal tremors quite often...I asked my dr about it and she said it's just from being anxious...she said it's nothing to worry about...hope that helps..
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby allmylove16 on January 29th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Thanks Shanny! The weird thing is I really don't feel anxious. I was so bad in the beginning I would think I should have had them then, I did have myoclonic jerks horrible in the first few months. Do you find that yours are random throughout the day or upon waking as mine have been occuring?
allmylove16

Postby Shanny63 on January 29th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Hi again...mine are mainly upon waking..and I don't feel anxious either when I get them....but the dr says it's just a overactive nervous system....weird I know...
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby Malnory on January 30th, 2012, 12:22 am

Yes have experienced it, nope don't think it's anxiety either. This was one of my first symptoms, except in the heydey of my onset, it would follow a night of horror - internal tremor/trembling, or electrical buzz, however it is experienced, muscle cramping, tingling, and massive cold sweats. In the middle of the night. Everyone else asleep. And me certain I had a degenerative neurological disease onset.
People who haven't experienced the tremor/buzz don't understand when you try to explain it and physicians will try to name it by calling it anxiety. What they want to tell us, I believe, is "whatever it is, you are going to be ok, just try to relax" I am quite experienced at experiencing and treating anxiety and this is not it. It is part of this large bag of symptoms. Gabapentin/neurontin has helped me with this partic symptom, and just a small amount (200 mg tid or 300 mg bid)
Malnory

Postby Silverbullet on January 30th, 2012, 11:34 am

I get this also, early in the morning or if I drink coffee. Not very nice
Silverbullet

Postby jerry2 on January 30th, 2012, 3:50 pm

I have morning tremor upon waking up until I wka eup completely, but how do I know if it is internal or external. My arms are shaking I am sure, trembling more good word I think. I have this for 4+ months and it was my first sign something neurological is wrong with me. I do not believe this is anxiety either.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby pinprick on January 30th, 2012, 4:42 pm

ALL those crazy symptoms are BFS.
I get this also, early in the morning or if I drink coffee. Not very nice

I use Lyrica and NO caffeine at all and it works a lot better than doing nothing.

... I do not believe this is anxiety either.

OBVIOUSLY it is not anxiety! :lol: it is somehow PN.
Only the preceding "treatment" did something.

Good luck.
Idiopathic SFN (head to toes) ... auto-immune related
pinprick
Hero
Hero

Postby sussemaus on May 3rd, 2012, 9:59 pm

Hey guys, I had my first full upper body morning shake this morning upon waking. Seemed to last as long as I was in that place between waking and sleeping but I guess it could've been happening before I started waking up too? A bit weird but honestly a little bit reassuring as this isn't a symptom of ALS, to my knowledge in all the reading that I've done. Just wondering though if you guys have been evaluated for thyroid/endocrine problems with a full panel though? I kind of recall that my heart was going pretty fast at the time.
sussemaus

Postby allmylove16 on May 4th, 2012, 6:48 pm

I have had a full endocrine panel done and was found to have Hashimoto's after being Hypo for 2yrs. I really feel my tremors were brought on by Wellbutrin. Haven't had one since I discontinued and allowed for it to get out of my system. Hope your tremors don't stick around for long.

Shelly
allmylove16

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS