Cramping usual w/BFS?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cramping usual w/BFS?

Postby FloFlo on August 22nd, 2002, 9:50 pm

Hi,
I'm new here. Perhaps the answer to my question is somewhere that I haven't seen...
I have had twitching for over 3 months now. 2 weeks ago, the palms of my hands and soles of my feet started hurting w/an aching, cramping (all four at once, all day). Is this normal of BFS? Do I have to live w/pain now in addition to the twitching? Also get random patches of numbness and strange sensations. Any people suffering the same stuff?
Thanks,
Flo
FloFlo

BCFS?

Postby RaeKwon on August 23rd, 2002, 4:53 am

I'm quite new to BFS as well (6 months). Although I remember getting twitches in my chest about 16 years ago and in my calf muscles about 4 years ago. From reading some of the old forums (which should be up again some day soon) cramping seemed to be quite common. In fact I think it is called BCFS.

Anyway, I'm sure someone will fill you in with a bit more detail.

R.
RaeKwon

Postby Rob247 on August 23rd, 2002, 9:07 am

Hey Flo,

I've had BFS for about seven months.

Yes cramping can be quite common with BFS. I've had cramping mostly in the feet...especially in the evening. I also have pain in the legs and feet, numbness, and weird sensory stuff. I think what you have is pretty common to most of us with BFS. I've found that symptoms of BFS change over time. I can say that my twitching has gotten worse over time but the cramping has subsided somewhat after starting to take 250mg of magnesium per day.

Bob
Rob247

Postby Arron on August 23rd, 2002, 11:48 am

RaeKwon wa srigh as was the post by Rob247, cramping isn't very common with regular BFS but it does happen from time to time. There is a syndrome called BCFS aka "cfs" that is more about cramping with your twitching. It too is benign but more painful than regular BFS.
Arron

Postby Guest on August 23rd, 2002, 12:42 pm

You're right Arron, thanks for the clarification on that!

Bob

muscle pain and cramping

Postby Debbie on September 2nd, 2002, 9:36 pm

I get some really intense muscle pain like someone has pressed their thumb deep into the muscle. This happens in my legs arms and other muscles too. It only happens to one muscle at a time and hurts like you cannot describe for a few seconds. I have charlie horse like pain in my legs sometimes when I am walking and even when I am sitting. A generalized ache in my muscles is always there somedays more than others. When I have lots of fasiculations it hurts to touch some of the muscles in my legs.
My legs become quite heavy when I go up stairs. Sometimes they stiffen right up . Seem to be not to bad walking on a level surface even for some distance ( as I walk with my dog every day) Can really feel the musicles straining when I walk uphill.
Is this like BFS or BCFS? I have many other neuro type symptoms. Tingling, buzzing tinnitus, and migrating parathesia. None that have left any permanent disability though.
Debbie

Postby Arron on September 3rd, 2002, 11:59 pm

Debbie, what you are describing sounds very much like what most BFS'ers call "exercise intolerance". It is very common with BFS. Some of your other symptoms may or may not be related to BFS. I have seen many posts where people describe exactly what you have with ALL of your symptoms and were diagnosed with BFS. If you haven't seen a neurologist yet, go see one so you can have peace of mind and KNOW that it's only BFS once and for all. Guessing will only keep youre mind going in circles and yes, time is on your side with BFS but how long do you want to guess and wonder "what if"...? I am in that boat and have been for almost 2 years now and I can tell you, it sucks. There are no good neuro's where I live and I am just a big baby and am too scared to go. It's aguy thing... we are ALWAYS sicker than you girls, whether it's the flu, a cold, a stomach ache or anything... all men are whiner's and I am the biggest one! Ha-ha!! I drive my wife nuts when I am sick with my whining and complaining... don't be a guy, be a strong and leverl headed girl and see that doctor, OK? :-)
Arron

Postby Paranoid on September 30th, 2002, 7:47 am

Debbie,
I am experiencing all of your symptoms. My twitching went from calves to everywhere back to right calf & foot. Now all the calf muscles in this leg cramp up especially at night. I also can walk with no problem but the leg seems to fatigue and feel heavy if I walk on incline or up stairs. Most disturbing to me is the constant fascis only in this leg. When you are experiencing cramping do you have a great increase in twitches in that area as well?
Paranoid

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS