Question about twitching...

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question about twitching...

Postby Craig on October 17th, 2002, 11:07 am

I have noticed that my twitches seem to be less pronounced then when they first started and have instead become "weaker", more internal, and less able to be felt. My feet feel like they have a dull vibrating sensation as do my hands from time to time. I have also had increased muscle stiffness and achy joints. At first I thought this was a positive progression since the twitching appeared to improve, but I am now second guessing this. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jake_the_twitch on October 17th, 2002, 1:29 pm

Craig I am in the same position as you on this one. After almost 14 months my twitches are substantially less in frequency , duration and intensity. However I have been getting the internal vibration feeling more. I am taking as a good sign, part of the healing process. I once had a stomach problem and at some point my stomach would quiver for hours, the gastro said that was a good sign of the stomach trying to heal itself. So that is what I am banking on. We all want the twitching to stop but I also think any changes are fearful even if for the good as it brings back the uncertainty. I have noticed that I am more anxious when I don't twitch as I seem to be waiting for it to start again.
Jake_the_twitch

Postby Nole on October 18th, 2002, 9:40 am

I twitch alot less also, and they feel different in intensity also. More of a tingly, flushed sensation now. I like to think they are working there way out of my body like a virus would because they are much better to deal with now. Although the new symptoms are different, it is an improvment from the constant strong twitches I was having inthe past.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on October 18th, 2002, 10:58 am

I find that I need to keep a diary of my symtoms, because they seem to vary so much day by day. I'll have days that I hardly notice a thing and days that I'm twitching like crazy. I also get that vibrating feeling like a low level electrical current is going through my hands and feet mainly. I get big twitches in all parts of my body as well as small ones mainly in my calves and especially the arches of my feet. Sometimes I can't feel the twitches in my feet but can see them. I also get the cramping feeling. I know if I sit and worry they are MUCH worse!
I was sitting next to my husband the other night and we were watching TV. He had been on a long bicycling ride that day. He was totally relaxed and I noticed some twitches in his calves and his feet that he was totally unaware he was having! Thought that was interesting.
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS