EMG test

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG test

Postby aklap on October 16th, 2002, 11:13 am

1st off - this has been a very helpful & comforting board...Thanks to all.

I have an EMG test scheduled for burning, tingling, pain & numbness in both feet. Numbness is primarily in big & 2nd toes. I could not tell what type of stimulus (soft or prickly) he was putting to my feet.

I have most if not all of the other symptoms of BFS - does anybody else have those mentioned above? I mostly concerned about the numbness that is getting worse. He looked at my blood sugars taken a year go - they were great - he does not suspect diabetes. Is MS a possiblity?

How long does an EMG typically take?

Thanks,
Al
aklap
Interested
Interested

Postby Arron on October 16th, 2002, 11:37 am

aklap, if you look at the symptoms of MS, you'd think most of the world has it. Try not to worry too much about it. Yes, BFS and Fibromyalgia both have some symptoms of tingling, pins and needles and so on in some people. MS has to be diagnosed with MRI's and sometimes punctures of the lumbar spine and even then, sometimes it takes many years to actually come-up with a true diagnosis. The waiting game can suck but keep in mind, we can all die tomorrow (or today) of something totally unexpected but we don't hide in our houses to avoid it. Try not to worry and stay calm because if you stress, the symptoms will probably get worse. Welcome to the forum.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS