calf cramps

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

calf cramps

Postby guest on October 16th, 2002, 8:18 am

I have had BFS symptoms for three months which started in calves and moved everywhere. I have had a clean EMG. Recently, my calves have been cramping. Actually, tightening may be a better word because it is not as painful as a Charlie horse. Is this common? Is it indicative of something dire?

Postby paranoid on October 16th, 2002, 9:37 am

I have the same thing. Like you say it is more a tightening. Not pleasant but not exactly painful. I have it only in one leg which makes it particularly scary. I get concerned as I havnt had my E.M.G yet. Does your leg(s) feel heavy as well? Im sure someone will answer your question. There are some very knowledgeable people here!
Sandy
paranoid

Postby twitcher(nli) on October 16th, 2002, 2:53 pm

I have the same thing going on right now. It also happened back in July. I saw my Neuro during the July flair up and he said it was consistent with BFS. (This was at the Cleveland Clinic) It *Almost* feels like someone is squeezing my calf. It happens mostly in my rt calf, but the lft likes to get in on the action occasionally.
This is always accompanied by the weak leg feeling. Again, mostly my rt leg. I just have to try and put it out of my head as I think it is psychosomatic to a certain extent.
Good Luck!
twitcher(nli)

Postby Jen on October 16th, 2002, 7:49 pm

I get the same tightening in my calves, left thigh, and forearms as well. I also get the "heavy limb" feeling, followed by a weak feeling. My neuro says that this is consistent with BFS (actually he said, "cramp fasciculation syndrome"). My EMG was normal.
Jen

Postby SoJerseyMom on October 19th, 2002, 6:24 pm

I get them a lot. In fact, my problems started with cramps in the calves, occasionally in the thighs. I also get spasms in my back.
SoJerseyMom

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS