Joint pains?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Joint pains?

Postby Willie on October 14th, 2002, 10:59 am

Anyone have joint pains along with the twitching? I've had arthritis type feeling in my joints(especially wrists, fingers, ankles,&toes.)
I also have a pinching feeling in my calves mostly, but it shows up in other places from time ot time. I've been having some shaking happening too usually when I wake up.. Feels like an earthquake! If I stand up it usually goes away.
Willie
Willie
Interested
Interested

Postby Arron on October 14th, 2002, 11:26 am

Hey Willie, have you been tested for Lyme Disease? Joint pain, twitching, aches and shakes are common symptoms with Lyme. It's worth getting a blood test just to be sure. I have seen more and more people on these boards come back and say they indeed tested positive for it. The key with Lyme is to find it early. It "can" get really nasty if you just let it go and manifest itself all through your body. It is usually pretty mild but I know personally many people with it in my area ( there's an epidemic of it here) and some of them got hit really hard and have serious complications, so like I said, it's worth a blood test to make sure. Fibromyalgia is another one that can cause joint pains, twitching, aches, shakes and so on. Hang in there. It ain't ALS or anything like that. :)
Arron

Lyme etc..

Postby Willie on October 14th, 2002, 3:11 pm

I had the Lyme test early on,& it was negative. I'm going to a new doctor, and he said "I'm going to give you every test I can think of till I figure out what the problem is." I liked the sounds of this.
Willie
Willie
Interested
Interested

Postby Davidd on October 14th, 2002, 5:14 pm

What kind of doctor told you he/she would try every test? Is it a neuro? THOSE are the words I want a dr to tell me. It's not about money...I'd spend whatever it takes if it would solve the problem...but, health insurance covers most of the stuff anyway.

Thanks,

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on October 14th, 2002, 5:17 pm

Davidd, I know what kind of doctor that was... a GOOD one! :lol: I wish they were all like that instead of blowing us (and BFS) off like it was nothing. :roll:

Good luck Willie and please be sure to keep posting here as your test results come back. Keep us filled-in because this is all collective information that we ALL can use as guidelines. :wink:
Arron

Postby Craig on October 15th, 2002, 12:47 pm

Willie:

I have "joint pain" that seems to come and go. I get it quite a bit in my toes and ankle as well. I also get it in my thighs and legs. I have small areas all over my body that are sensitive if I press down on them with my thumb. They too seem to come and go.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on October 16th, 2002, 8:02 pm

Last March I was complaining to my GP about joint pain. I've had this joint pain on and off for several years. My twitching began in June. As time went on and my BFS symptoms became stronger, I began to realize that my joint pain was actually cramping of the muscles in my fingers, toes, arms, etc., and not actual pain in the joint itself. My GP perscribed Flexeril, and it really helps with the cramping.
Jen

Postby aklap on October 16th, 2002, 9:11 pm

I have a lot of joint pain in the feet...typically gout. But now I'm wondering if it was ALL gout.
aklap
Interested
Interested

Postby aklap on October 16th, 2002, 9:13 pm

I have a lot of joint pain in the feet...typically gout. But now I'm wondering if it was ALL gout.
aklap
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS