pin pricks sensations

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

pin pricks sensations

Postby pinprick on February 12th, 2009, 4:12 pm

I all, just a simple question.

I got BFS in 1993 and i had some strange sensations with the twitching but those sensations went away, only twitches stays.
Then all of the stuff goes out with years, just occasional twitches.
Now in 2008 (3 of August) i started to have pin *beep* sensations (a needle pocked into the skin), feet and hand, then 2 weeks after it's all over from head to toes + migrating pain (one finger, then goes to one toe, ..). At the same time i had a sudden crisis of twitches and now the nightmare is back. I remember having catch a cold before the onset but not very strong.
Is there any link with a virus having set all of that stuff again? Don't know.
These pin *beep* and migrating pain act as a twitch. They are sudden and gone 2 second after. Sometime the prickling is there, 1 second after gone, back again, gone , back again ... etc just like a twitch but it's sensory in nature. The pain, works the same way, my toe (or my sole for example) is painfull for 10 second then gone.
It's hurting!
I have also "pin and needles" and tingling.
There is not a lot a twitches now, mostly it's sensory in nature.
I would say, twithing is 20 % and the other stuff 80%.
Anyone like this?
I will have an EMG in one month but since i have no loss of strength at all (no ALS for sure)... what will be the solution if they are seen or not something?
Sorry but "i'm f** up" of that stuff! Got this nightmare in 1993 (i was 41 y old), getting better with years then now, back again in the stuff (i'm now 56 old), worst than ever because it's hurting ...
By the way, i don't understant, but it's not so bad in the morning, then with time, it increases .. does the twitching works the same way?
bye
Idiopathic SFN (head to toes) ... auto-immune related
pinprick
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 334
Joined: November 29th, 2008, 5:38 pm
Location: FRANCE

Re: pin pricks sensations

Postby simon_w on February 13th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Hi there

The literature that I have read says that viral infections such as a cold (which activate the immune system in order to kill the virus) are often a trigger for a recurrence of BFS. The literature also describes changes in sensation as being not uncommon in BFS (and NEVER present in ALS) so the fact that this is happening to you is actually a reassuring sign I would think. Probably worth your while looking at the featured articles on this site and perhaps the wikipedia entry for BFS, which desribe the BFS process in some detail.

No doubt you will get some good peace of mind once your test results are back but I think you need not worry too much in the meantime. It may be the case that this presumed relapse of your BFS doesn't last too long but then again it may hang around for as long as it did last time, which would be very annoying for you but not at all dangerous (after all you have already experienced the fact that your original illness in 1993 led to no bad outcomes for your health so at least you can be reassured of the same this time round)

All the best from New Zealand
Simon
Fascics since Sep 08 when aged 44. Abnormal EMG (denervation/reinnervation L quads); brisk reflexes R arm on one clinical exam. Health anxiety in early stages, less so now
User avatar
simon_w
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 746
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: pin pricks sensations

Sponsor

Sponsor
 


Return to Questions About BFS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests