Stiffness and pain in bottoms of feet

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Stiffness and pain in bottoms of feet

Postby osbormd on December 3rd, 2003, 2:20 pm

I've had twitches and mild cramping for 13 months now. Clean neuro exam, emg, etc.

Wondering if any of you fellow BFS'ers suffer from stiffness and pain in the bottoms of your feet?

The last few months i've been noticing a lot of foot pain and stiffness. Especially when I first get up in the morning. It's a bit tougher to walk down stairs, and then I'm fine (with the stiffness) after about 30 minutes or so of walking.

Any explanations?

Thanks,
Mike
osbormd

Postby Jenn311 on December 3rd, 2003, 3:36 pm

Hey Mike...

I have had that exact same thing several times in the past, but it always remisses. I'm not sure what causes it, but my doctor suggested it could be arthritis. If you find anything else out keep us informed!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby dwl on December 3rd, 2003, 3:38 pm

Hi Mike,

I get quite frequent pain & cramping in the arches of both feet. My right foot has recently become another "hot spot" for twitches.

Hang on in there!

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby sarahtonin on December 4th, 2003, 4:57 am

YES! My right foot is particularly troublesome - it aches and the joints grind away. It also twitches much more than the left foot - which really freaks me out.

Your problems could well be biomechanical - that's what they say mine are. I now have orthotics to stabilise the weight distribution in my feet and they really help. Do you do a lot of running/walking, if so, the feet take the brunt of that and if you are pronating/supinating this will affect your whole foot, and eventually your whole leg, like me.

Try seeing a podiatrist and see what they think. I think our health anxiety makes us more aware of these problems and also the exercise intolerance of our muscles magnifies any minor gait problem etc.

David - how long has your right foot been a hot spot - mine seems to have been twitching more than my left for weeks now?

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby osbormd on December 4th, 2003, 8:48 am

Thanks guys. It's good to know there's others with the same thing. It's odd, my bottoms of feet are real stiff in the mornings, and then after a half hour or so of walking on them, they are much better.
osbormd

Painful Feet

Postby guest on December 4th, 2003, 9:28 am

I have had the stiff, painful feet ever since I started twitching over a year ago. I thought it was too isolated or too silly to mention but it's comforting to know others are in the same boat.

Postby Guest on December 5th, 2003, 12:22 am

I get it to

I hate the first steps to the bathroom when I get up in the morning.
After a few min it is as though nothing happened
No pain for the rest of the day

But the first steps in the morning are killers

Postby dwpierce on December 5th, 2003, 12:25 am

The above post is mine

Cleared my cookies

Sorry
Dave
dwpierce

Postby Florian on December 5th, 2003, 8:01 am

Hi togehther,

i have that painfull feet in the morning, special the heels.

Florian
Florian

Postby twitching man on December 5th, 2003, 10:29 am

I get it also my feet are very tender in the am and I am alittle awkward when walking down stairs in the am. This subsides after about 15 minutes.
TM
twitching man

Ouch!

Postby sarahtonin on December 8th, 2003, 5:03 am

Talk about sore feet - I played netball on Friday and then spent all night dancing. I woke up yesterday morning with my whole right foot and lower leg seized up and the arch of my foot twitching like mad :( That really upset me and sent me straight back to square one.

It is a bit better today but I am wondering why this happens? Is this BFS? Why does it only happen in my right leg? Also I have this strange feeling on the top of my foot - like the muscle is cramping up but there is no pain, just a strange tightening feeling? Is this a muscle spasm? Does anyone else have this?

Excuse all the questions...

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby Jen on January 1st, 2004, 9:35 pm

Does anyone suffer from sore feet after having been on their feet for a short period of time? I know it's normal for people to get sore feet if they've spent the day at an amusement park, but my feet will start to hurt and get stiff after just 20 minutes of walking. I found a pair of expensive sandals that prevent the problem completely, but it just seems odd that my feet so quickly and frequently in comparison to my other family members and friends.
Jen

Postby garym on January 1st, 2004, 11:31 pm

I'm suffering from sore feet right now, after just a short period of time. I'm also having "mini" cramps in my inner thighs.

Gary
garym

Postby osbormd on January 4th, 2004, 1:54 pm

Jen,

Did you get birkenstocks? If it's the heel or bottoms of your feet that are painful, it could be plantar fasciitis. Do you have flat feet?

I'm going to see a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon to see what is going on myself.

http://www.foot.com/info/cond_plantar_fasciitis.jsp

Jen
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:35 pm Post subject:
Does anyone suffer from sore feet after having been on their feet for a short period of time? I know it's normal for people to get sore feet if they've spent the day at an amusement park, but my feet will start to hurt and get stiff after just 20 minutes of walking. I found a pair of expensive sandals that prevent the problem completely, but it just seems odd that my feet so quickly and frequently in comparison to my other family members and friends.
osbormd

Postby osbormd on January 4th, 2004, 1:58 pm

Sarah,

Do the inside-sides of your arches twitch rapidly? I think mine twitch more than my calves now.

Thanks,
Mike

sarahtonin wrote:YES! My right foot is particularly troublesome - it aches and the joints grind away. It also twitches much more than the left foot - which really freaks me out.

Your problems could well be biomechanical - that's what they say mine are. I now have orthotics to stabilise the weight distribution in my feet and they really help. Do you do a lot of running/walking, if so, the feet take the brunt of that and if you are pronating/supinating this will affect your whole foot, and eventually your whole leg, like me.

Try seeing a podiatrist and see what they think. I think our health anxiety makes us more aware of these problems and also the exercise intolerance of our muscles magnifies any minor gait problem etc.

David - how long has your right foot been a hot spot - mine seems to have been twitching more than my left for weeks now?

Sarah
osbormd

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Questions About BFS