Can anybody help me please....PLEASE?!!!!

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can anybody help me please....PLEASE?!!!!

Postby Florian on November 27th, 2003, 2:01 pm

At first, thanks for the possibility to post here!!

Sorry....i go crazy. I understand maybe 40 % of the topics (its not enough), and cant explain what i want to ask you.

I try it now but i dont know if i find the right words in your language:

I have faciculations nonstop in my calves.

Then sometimes, some here and some there, face, forearms, breast, back.

I do sport (kung fu) and love it much, but i dont go to training since 2 mounth, because my legs and calves quivering after a short time standing in some positions.

My shouldermuscles burn often as if i train hard, but dont train.

AND what makes me the most fear is a new symptom: if i go down a little bit in my knees, the muscles in my thighs will fasciculate...not the hole leg quivers or so, no only the muscles at the outside of my both thighs twitch!!!

Than some little tremors in the hands sometimes, i dont know perceived? weeknes in the forarms and legs.

Please....i have a lovely family...but i i have to fight for a smile in my face every day, the fear that they see me going in that bad als-manner...what i mean is iam in no good shape anymore because the fear is robbering my life...!

Iam 40 years old.

Can anybody help me? Maybe in german language..? But also english, i try to translate.

The best for you all from the bottom of my hearth

Florian from Berlin
Florian

Postby Dale on November 27th, 2003, 4:00 pm

Hi Florian - welcome to the website.

My suggestion is to contact your family Doctor and make an appointment to discuss your concerns.

We are a helpful and supportive group here. However, I would discourage you from coming on the internet and asking medically related questions on this forum as the majority of us are not trained medical professionals. Many of us have been to our family Doctor, have had subsequent appointments with Neurologists and have been given a diagnosis of "BFS".

Believe me, looking-up medical questions on the internet is a BIG MISTAKE.

Call your Doctor, make the appointment and then come back and tell us how things went. In the meantime, STAY OFF all medical related internet sites.

Sincerely,

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on November 27th, 2003, 8:46 pm

Guten Tag Florian,

Entschuldigen Sie bitte mein schlechtes Deutsch.

Sie müssen einen Neurologen sehen. Es ist sinnlos in der Frucht zu leben.
Alle wir kennen dieses Gefühl, aber klingt es wirklich wie "BFS". Wenn Sie keinen Verlust der Funktion haben, es ist vermutlich nicht "ALS". Mit "ALS", beachten die meisten Leute nicht die "Twitches". Sie beachten nur die Schwäche, oder Verlust der Funktion. Mit "BFS", treten die Twitches aus einem anderen Grund als mit "ALS" auf.

Wie ich sagte, verstehen wir Ihre Furcht. Alles, das Sie beschrieben haben, ist mit "BFS" sehr normal. Viele Leute haben die gleichen Symptome mit "BFS". Wenn Ihre Furcht nachläßt, Ihre Twitches werden auch verringert. Adrenaline läßt Sie twitch mehr.
Ich hoffe, daß dieses hilft. Erinnern Sie daran, daß Sie nicht allein sind!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Ray on November 27th, 2003, 10:59 pm

Hallo Florian, eine gruess aus Kanada! Ich probiere ein paar saetze auf Deutsch zum schreiben. Ich kenne ganze genau ihr angst, I habe genau die gleich symptomen als sie, vor allem in meine beinen (calves). Es ist genau eine jahr seit sie angefangen habe. Leider weiss ich nicht wieso aber ich kann nur vorstellen das veilleicht eine Flu shot war die probleme.

Ich kann nur dir sagen dass sie muessen ruhig sein, kein stress, mann sagt auch keine caffeine vor allem keine angst. Ich nehme Effexor, es ist ein Anti - Anxiety - Depressant pillen, es hilft mir mit meine anxiety.

Sie muessen ein artzt besuchen. Ich bin sicher dass alles ist gut. BFS ist nicht schoen aber ist kann auch schlimmer sein.

Alles gute!

Ray
Ray

Postby Twyla on November 27th, 2003, 11:46 pm

Florian, please do not worry. Many, many people have "non-stop" twitching in their calves. It is so common, and nothing to worry about.

Your symptoms are probably caused by stress and anxiety.

Try to relax and don't worry about them.

Twyla
Twyla

Postby Guest on November 28th, 2003, 11:42 am

First, thanks for your comments!

@Dale, i think your right but i like to know just some little things and of coarse i do not answer for a medical diagnosis.

@Jen and Ray, your german is great.
Thanks for your tips and kind words!

@Twyla, i try to relax and yes, i read about the "calve-action" by some other people here.

Again, thanks

Sorry that i repeat one question:

if i go down a little bit in my knees, the muscles in my thighs will fasciculate...not the hole leg quivers or so, no only the muscles at the outside of my both thighs twitch! Is there anybody who feel this too?

Postby Dale on November 28th, 2003, 12:59 pm

Hi Florian:

When I work-out, I don't feel any twitching while my muscle is tense, only afterwards. For example, while I am doing squats & go down, I can feel my muscles working/burning only. After I am finished the set, I do experience muscle twitching.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on November 29th, 2003, 3:00 am

Florian,
Wow, my first group of postings and I didn't know what you guys were saying to one another! Cool that so many speak German. Florian, one thing I know for sure is that once you start to worry about your symptoms, you will read into them too much.
Go to your doctor and try (yes, it's soooo hard) and not worry about every twinge you have. Keep a list so when you get into the see the doctor, you can recall them all. You may also find that many of the symptoms change and even go away. Worry makes them 100 times worse.
Hang in there and keep us posted
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on November 29th, 2003, 3:01 am

Florian,
Wow, my first group of postings and I didn't know what you guys were saying to one another! Cool that so many speak German. Florian, one thing I know for sure is that once you start to worry about your symptoms, you will read into them too much.
Go to your doctor and try (yes, it's soooo hard) and not worry about every twinge you have. Keep a list so when you get into the see the doctor, you can recall them all. You may also find that many of the symptoms change and even go away. Worry makes them 100 times worse.
Hang in there and keep us posted
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on December 1st, 2003, 12:29 pm

Florian

My thighs do the same thing when I bend my knees a little. It really scared me at first, but is not as bad now. My Dr. told me not to worry about it.

Good Luck,
Gary
garym

Postby florian_ on December 3rd, 2003, 7:58 am

Thanks again Susan, Dale and Garym! Its good to be here sometimes :oops:

I would write more but i have these language problem :roll:

I go to my sport again and it is ok...... before i go to the training i feel tired and weak, but in the dojo i can go as before.
Its so crazy, there is allways a light weak feeling in the body, but everything goes if i try.

I wish you all the best and hope you all will be fine in the future!

Florian
florian_

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS