medicines?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

medicines?

Postby Brian_B on October 13th, 2002, 10:48 pm

does anyone take any medicines that would control twitching? if so what do you take? Right now I am on Klonopin and neurontin and I think they seem to help.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on October 14th, 2002, 11:16 am

Brian, nothing so far has shown a "clinical" difference in reducing twitches other than relaxing and not stressing, which WILL make them worse. Some people notice less twitching after they start taking suppliments or doing yoga or drinking lots of water but you know what? the "norm" is for it to get worse soon after it all starts and then get better, even if you don't take anything at all. There is a real placebo effect with this stuff and what I believe is behind it is the hope that taking a new suppliment will make things better, which calms you down and in return, makes the twitches a little better. Either way, by trying not to pay attention to them or simply relaxing and not worrying about any of this, the symptoms WILL get better. You will have bad days where you'll get flare-ups, but these days will also go away and not last very long. You can try magnesium, as some people say it helped but then again, some paople say that exercise helps but there are just as many people that disagree about that one because of the exercise intolerance factor which makes all of this even worse if you even think about exercising. I am one of those. Man, if I do anything strenuous or try exercising, it's over. I'll be twitching, shaking and aching for days after that. I think the best thing to do is try a little of everything (vitamins, suppliments, exercise, relaxing, meds or whatever) and see what works best for YOU. Everyone is different. Hope that helped.
Arron

Postby twitcher(nli) on October 14th, 2002, 12:50 pm

My Neuro suggested I try 400mg(i think) of vitamin E daily. I never bothered because my twitching subsided after the visit. (there's the stress factor) You may want to give this a try.
twitcher(nli)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS