emg information

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

emg information

Postby bktisbury on August 22nd, 2008, 5:11 pm

hi there--
i am wondering as i have heard a few things, and unfortunately, none from neuro's....
1- how soon can an emg detect a problem in a specific muscle, if the emg is done in that muscle..i mean how long do you have to be twitching?
2- does an emg in your left leg clear you from ### if it is your right leg that twitches the most
3- i had heard that if you had a dreaded disease, your emg would show up as "bad" in your other limgs--if that is so, then why when i asked the emg doc if it seemed okay, did she respond with "that muscle is"...
4- so if it takes 3 limbs ( or areas ) to determine %%% then my question is, if you have denervation in one limb, and not the others, would they suspect *** and then have you come back in a few months to see if it would be detected in the other limbs??? or, is it that once you are twitching, it would be detected in any-- i have read nothing that is definitive..and have really been wondering as of late.....
thanks for your information sharing.
bktisbury
Hero
Hero

emg information

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS