Back from neuro...scared

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back from neuro...scared

Postby nervousmommy on August 20th, 2008, 12:14 am

So, I went to the neurologist today. I told him about my twitching and he said that he wasn't concerned at all. I mentioned ALS to him and he said..."You're 25." I told him that I know it can happen at that age and he agreed, but he said that he for sure didn't think I had it. He looked at my arms, legs, hands, and feet. He noted that my left leg was smaller than my right but stated that it had probably always been that way. Interestingly, my twitches have almost stopped in the past two days. Anyways, I mentioned to him that my left knee has been buckling about once a day and once again he wasn't concerned. I know that knee buckling can be a classic sign of limb weakness in ALS and that many times people have that as the initial symptom. I had an EMG done a couple of weeks ago on my right leg because my foot was feeling weird. It came back normal. He told me that he would order me an EMG of all 4 limbs, my back, and abdomen because he said he couldn't prescribe me meds for anxiety since I'm pregnant. He stated that he gets twitchers who are concerned about ALS quite regularly, but none quite as bad as me. It is my knee giving out that scares the crap out of me. I don't remember this happening before I started doing strength tests. For a week, I was obsessed with standing on one leg, flexing my calf muscles, jumping on one leg, skipping, and doing all sorts of weird things. I went jogging today with my daughter and right after I stopped, my left knee buckled. It wasn't enough to make me fall, but the anxiety started right back up again. Unfortunately, I can't get in to get my EMG done for 2 1/2 more weeks. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
nervousmommy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Back from neuro...scared

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS