Having Trouble Sneezing

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Having Trouble Sneezing

Postby c4110djh on July 17th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Hi,
I've noticed that the last few days, (or maybe longer) I feel as if I have to sneeze but I can't . Try looking at lights, etc. and that hasn't worked. I've a highly allergic person and sneeze often, but have noticed this happening for the 1st time. Anyone else go through periods where they can't sneeze even though they feel they have to? Thanks, Denise
c4110djh
Hero
Hero

Re: Having Trouble Sneezing

Postby lsun667 on July 17th, 2008, 1:03 pm

I never have any periods where I feel like I have to sneeze and I can't. I imagine that must be a dreadful feeling. When I do sneeze, I often have 15-30 seconds of some pretty excruciating pain throughout my entire body. I've been told that this may be the onset of arthritis. I think you posted something earlier about choking while you sleep and, along with your allergies, this may all be something related to your adnoids or your tonsils. You may want to see an ENT or a neurologist who specializes in sleep studies. I was amazed at the amount of information gathered from just one sleep study. It may be helpful for you. Anyway, I'll be keeping you in my prayers and I hope you start feeling better soon.

-Michael
"Heal me O Lord, and I will be healed; Save me and I will be saved, For You are my praise"-Jeremiah 17:14
lsun667
Interested
Interested

Postby ImOK on July 17th, 2008, 2:08 pm

I've had that before and it kinda makes you feel a little headachy, almost like you have water up your nose; although I didn't think it had anything to do with pnhe. I had it long before I noticed pnhe symptoms. Funny you should mention this though, because for the first time in along time I had a sneeze attack (like 20 in a row) and it kept me from sleeping for a while. I've been trying this histamine free diet and I went off it that night - 2 to 3 hours later I started sneezing and the next morning I had a resurgence of pnhe symptoms. Have you tried a histamine free diet? I warn you though - it's a tough one and I'm having a time trying to stay on it for more than a few days in a row.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby Tom A on July 18th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Denise,
I have not had this, I have had periods when I would sneeze or yawn and the muscles in my left deltoid would twitch like crazy for about 5 seconds,
Tom A
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS