Quick Question on Recruiting Twitches

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby MarkC on June 16th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Hi All-

Some, uhh, interesting, if not slightly unnerving posts of late. I'm trying not to succumb to the anxiety but it seems that just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

So, my question: is recruiting twitches a bad sign? I can't find a definitive answer in previous posts (I'm probably doing the search incorrectly). My calf muscles twitch; now that it's hotter than h*** here, I'm in shorts more and see more twitching than I'd care to. Some of them I don't even feel. When the muscles are twitching--and it isn't 24/7, thank God--I seem to be able to recruit the twitches about 50% of the time by poking or moving the muscle. Maybe coincidental, because when the muscle is quiet, I can't recruit anything.

Is this a sign for concern? I try not to obsess over these--I've been twitching 8+ months now and all else is well. Neuro diagnosed me with a "benign syndrome" back in December and I've had a spate of neurological and strength exams since then because of denegerative disc problems and spinal stenosis. But after perusing some recent posts, that knot in my stomach is back over this issue regarding my calf muscles.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated--but if someone is going to quote some one-off report from medpanic.com or quacks'r'us, please don't. :shock:

Thanks, as always,
Mark
MarkC
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS