TINGLE IN NEW SPOT/sensations

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

TINGLE IN NEW SPOT/sensations

Postby guest on October 5th, 2002, 8:46 am

does anyone tingle. i have twitches but for last 2 weeks have a constant sensation in my left sholder.
even my shirt makes it worse.
like a sensation or tingle but not *beep* twitching.
no weakness but it freakes me out because i am getting used to the twitching and now this.
6 months of twitching and a normal emg with no weakness or changes.

does anyone have sensations/ tingles that last weeks?

help...

Postby Davidd on October 5th, 2002, 8:55 am

My situation started out first with tingling and then the twitches although recently I feel like I've been having a little numbness on my face.

My guess is that what you are experiencing is only transient (I sure hope mine is) and will go away. I still get a little numbness in my left foot but just try to ignore it. I will say that if it keeps up for a few days or gets worse, you should probably have it looked at....I had an MRI done to look for a pinched nerve because pinched nerves can cause this sort of thing.

Although it's nearly impossible to do, try not to worry about it. It will probably go away by itself...and if it happens to be a pinched nerve, it can probably be treated without too much difficulty.

Good luck....

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on October 5th, 2002, 6:22 pm

I get tingling and numbness too. My MRI, EMG, back/neck X-rays and bloodwork is all normal. I believe that this is normal with BFS.
Jen

tingling

Postby thescream on October 6th, 2002, 10:36 am

I had tingling in one little spot on my left foot for about 2 weeks and then it went away. Now I have it on my right calf. We have similar symptoms and I'm sure it will go away with time. I know it's not what you want to hear but it's probably true.
thescream

Ditto

Postby Jeff on October 7th, 2002, 9:31 am

I too have experienced this from time to time since the BFS started. It seems to linger for a while and then go away. In the landmark Mayo clinic report, 42% of their BFS patients indicated they experienced paresthesias of some sort. Based on that information I'd say the tingling is part of the BFS.
Jeff
Interested
Interested

Ditto

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS