question about tests

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

question about tests

Postby Nichole on February 13th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting, but I've been around for a while. I just wanted to say that you guys are great, and I feel like I know all of you even though this is my first post :) I've had twitching, etc. for about 10 mths now. Long story, but started with severe anxiety. Have had tons of tests, most of which came back normal (including MRI, MRA, & EMG) and on my way to a rheumatologist next, but I'm a little impatient and have a question about some test results...

-I tested positive for Lyme C6 Antibodies. Has anyone else had this come back as positive? I know that Lyme tests are sometimes inaccurate, but does anyone know if this particular one often gives false positives?

-My nerve conduction studies showed "mild findings of nerve sensory neuropathy" and "findings of increment on repetitive nerve studies" on my left arm (which is my weakest). Basically, when they zapped me and then made me exercise my arm for 60 seconds and then zapped me again, they found conduction changes. Has anyone had this test or results like this?

-Have positive RA factor. Anyone have this? I hear this can indicate either Rheumatoid Arthritis or could be another autoimmune issue. Just wondering if many other people had tested positive for this.

Thanks for all the help you've been for me these past 10 months of hell--reading your posts have been a great comfort.
Nick
Nichole
Interested
Interested

question about tests

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS