BFS Symptoms Trickle Down From Anxiety ?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Alien Host on January 26th, 2008, 11:05 am

After all that I have been through, I am now having a panic disorder. I have been at some research again and I now believe for sure that there is a direct connection between muscle twitching and anxiety. For some of you that have been around for a while you might remember that my case was one of the worst ever to hit. My EMG was bad (denervation and large motor potentials) and even had marked weakness, chronic tongue twitching and all sorts of bad stuff. Though I was never given a diagnosis because of the EMG findings, I made a remarkable recovery thanks to the power of prayer and faith and baffled them on my follow up EMG a year later.

The anxiety from BFS creates more anxiety which triggers more stress hormones and the cycle is continuous. I believe that if we can find the root of our anxiety we can stop the cycle. This is not to say that there aren't real pathological issues that can cause BFS symptoms. We know that PNH is one of them and a few blood panels can rule that out as some others like pre-diabetes. I believe that anxiety (if left unrecognized or untreated) can and likely will manifest into physical symptoms at some point weather it be immediately or delayed.

Below I have pasted some links to information about how our complex neurlogical systems are effected by anxiety. Please read through them thoroughly and I hope the information is helpful. If the response here indicates acceptance I can start sharing more of what I am learning. As always my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.
Doug

http://www.thebodysoulconnection.com/Ed ... fight.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/23/health/23gut.html
BFS Is A Mind Trip, It will scare You But Will Not Hurt You

Twitching since 10 2004 with a Dirty EMG, what's your excuse?

PPMA Prayer & Positive Mental Attitude
Alien Host
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS