[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
AboutBFS.com • View topic - Symptoms are worse

Symptoms are worse

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Symptoms are worse

Postby sirtwitchalot85 on November 15th, 2007, 1:39 pm

sirtwitchalot85

Postby DoubleD on November 15th, 2007, 3:23 pm

" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby valger59 on November 15th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Hi~~
Well, I have to add my two cents here!! If you notice some of my recent posts, I am having what you describe lately exactly!! I thought it would go away by now, it's proabably been about a week for me or so, and I still get it each day.
I'm reassured by how you explained how it happens sometimes when you use your tongue, because that it totally happening to me. I have strange things, though, that don't really make any sense. Like, the other day, I was having a pretty much ok day, when I was at the grocery store, and I bent way over to get something on the very bottom shelf, and it was kind of way back there, so I was really bending over, and when I got up, my tongue started twitching! I don't know how that could be related, but it's exactly when it started, and I hadn't had it all day. Then, it kind of kept up for a while with little pops.
Do you even notice sometimes how it will happen if you talk too much? I've been chewing alot of gum lately in an effort not to notice it.
I worry also about bulbar als, but have been pretty reassured on here that I'd have many other symptoms that would be more obvious. However, I do feel like I am having some trouble speaking. Nothing really bad, but definitely an awareness. Especially with my 'R's'. I feel like I slur or something. Nobody else around me notices it, I just notice that I struggle a bit with it. Also, lately I've been having some jaw issues, where it feels strange, hard to explain. Sometimes, I feel like my teeth hit each other or something when I talk, or I feel like my tongue is in the way. I was talking to my son today, and my jaw felt like it kind of went side to side real quick, the way it would if I were cold, or very nervous.
Do you guys know, by the way, if that hyper reflexes thing is common with BFS? I feel like I have that a bit, here and there, and I was kind of wondering if it's an ominous sign, or common here.
Anyway, just wanted to share with you that I have that also! Also, just to make you feel better hopefully, I searched my old posts to see what I had written, and apparantely, I had tongue twitching way back in June. I know it wasn't as bad as I'm having it now, but I did have it, and I assume it would have progressed more by now. If you search tongue twitching, you will see it's common. Nervewracking, but common! :D Val
valger59
Hero
Hero

Postby zekebcfs on November 15th, 2007, 10:03 pm

sirtwitchalot85
It happens. It happens to me! It will eventually happen to everyone. My wife does not have BCFS and has had tongue twitching except she is not a hypochondriac as I am. I also hate this. Just wait until you get tongue cramping. IT MOVES ON TO BAD IT MOVES ON TO ANOTHER BODY PART.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on November 15th, 2007, 10:32 pm

Mine twitches when I am finished eating.
Please don't fret, it's scary at first, but it's just like any other muscle that twitches on our body.
Take care,
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby valger59 on November 18th, 2007, 10:57 am

valger59
Hero
Hero

Postby JMan on November 23rd, 2007, 8:48 pm

Val--have you been examined for TMJ yet? The dentist I saw said it can definitely cause slight changes in speech (the exact same deal that you and I are experiencing), and I have TMJ big time. Bet you do too from what you are describing.

The last couple of weeks my perceived trouble with speech has really started to decrease dramatically. I'm normal nearly all of the time now (course, I was the only one that really ever noticed a difference to begin with). You'll find that the less you pay attention to it, the better it will get for you. I have trouble with R's and S's sometimes myself, but apparently so does everybody else (they just don't notice/care).

Hang in there,

J.
JMan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS