Private parts buzzing/vibrating?? Also..........

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Private parts buzzing/vibrating?? Also..........

Postby Dawn on July 29th, 2008, 10:29 am

Okay I’m really sorry everyone I know I keep posting questions but I can’t turn to anyone else with all this.

Twitches have got bad today and I have also noticed a buzzing/vibrating (like what I get in my legs and arms) in my private parts!!! :oops: Anyone get this? Now I’m really freaked and have booked a Neuro appointment, which will be on the 12th Aug. I have broken down in tears again because I’m noticing a zapping/buzz in my foot and sometimes shin when I bent my neck, had the foot do it before but tried not to pass much notice.

Today I am once again convinced I have MS and although I had a normal brain MRI feel it may now be in the Spine. Arrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!! Why can’t all this go away?

Please chime in if you notice any of these weird things happening.
:( :(
Dawn

Re: Private parts buzzing/vibrating?? Also..........

Postby harryj12345 on July 29th, 2008, 10:40 am

I had the buzzing, but when i stopped thinking about it, it got better.
“Not he is great who can alter matter, but he who can alter my state of mind” Ralph Waldo Emerson
harryj12345

Postby linskake on July 29th, 2008, 11:55 am

Hi Dawn...
I have had my breasts and lower parts vibrate and twitch...just part of the deal with BFS too-and 2 brain MRIs of cervical spine as well. Easier said than done but I believe it is just BFS! Try to have a great day. Maybe you should print some of the other folks posts and some FAQ about BFS and take to doc as sometimes I think they jump the gun when they hear sensory symptoms in a young female and go straight to MS...show him you are not the only one suffering...there are over 2800 members!
linskake
Interested
Interested

Postby ImOK on July 29th, 2008, 12:03 pm

It's not unusual for any parts to vibrate, buss, feel hot, twitch, with pnhe. I have lost track of all the weirdness over the years and you will too once you believe it is pretty much harmless. Try moving about some - if it's an extremity just rotate the joint and stretch, if not then try something to get your circulation going (calisthenics). None of these weird sensations are going to hurt you, even though they are annoying for sure. Focusing on them does intensify them so redirect your thoughts - put on some good music or distract your focus on to something else. Then go to your neuro appointment and you will see that you are fine.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby c4110djh on July 29th, 2008, 12:48 pm

Hi Dawn,
What you're describing is quite common in BFS. I've also had what is called the "Lhermitte’s sign" (don't think this is what you're having though). I had it occasionally over the years when bending or sneezing, but last year when I had the flu it was SOOOO bad everytime I coughed, the lightening like pain radiated throughout my body and was unbearable. My doctors know and bascially say "these things happen". I've had an MRI due to lightheadedness since then and it's A-okay. I know the MS fear though, I was a young woman when my fear began and the fear can be overwhelming. I've been assured throughout the years that it shows in a neuro exam. I can't go back through your posts, but think you've had an MRI, which is the "gold standard" for ruling out MS. I still thought that I had a "benign" form that they weren't finding until just recently but had stopped worrying about it years ago---just figured that whatever was moving REALLY SLOWLY. I can tell you through talking to neuros, reading, etc. that if MS starts out with sensory only symptoms, much of the time it remains benign, (benign sensory ms). I don't for a minute think you have this though, but they're finding out ALOT of MS is a benign form (just pain, which I don't mean to minimize and sensory & possibly some visual symptoms). Please try not to worry, if you're neuro says your exam is normal then I'm sure you don't have it. Sounds like you have BFS and a lot of anxiety, which is very common. Best Wishes, Denise
c4110djh
Hero
Hero

Postby cdc on July 29th, 2008, 3:51 pm

Hey Dawn,

I've never had buzzing or vibrating in the "private" area. However, I've had it just about everywhere else. It is unbelievably annoying and my most prominent symptom. I normally feel it at night while in bed or first thing in the morning.....when I am still. It started last October with the buzzing-shaking-vibrating feeling in my legs. It gradually moved to my arms. Now, I swear I feel it everywhere........back, neck, chest, abdomen, feet and head.

At one time I was convinced I had MS too. I also had a lot of other strange symptoms as well as increased eye floaters. I've had a few clean neuro exams, normal MRI of the brain & c-spine w/contrast and a clean EMG/NCV. I feel pretty confident that I don't have MS and you don't either. With MS there is usually some sort of "recovery" period where symptoms disappear. My symptoms have been pretty non stop for a year. My doctors are at a loss when I describe this to them.

A couple of things that I notice though..............It's worse with caffeine and stress. I don't mean day to day stress. I mean that moment of acute anxiety (the adrenaline or flight or fight feeling).

I have an appt. for a second opinion with another Neurologist next week. I plan on asking lots of questions regarding these types of symptoms.

CDC

CDC
cdc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wal97 on July 29th, 2008, 5:17 pm

I have this also- feels to me like ants crawling all over my private parts and everywhere else on my body. It sucks and I've also cried many many times about my symptoms. I'm sorry you are having such a bad day. Try to hang in there, you are not alone.
wal97

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS