UPPER LIP AREA TWITCHES

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

UPPER LIP AREA TWITCHES

Postby qwerty on August 31st, 2009, 12:26 pm

Hi,

Please let me know if any of you have experienced similar symptoms to me - this twitching is really disturbing me.
Currently I'm getting twitching my upper lip area, its on and off all day , every day. Started about 1 and a half months ago getting the odd twitch sensation, then more recently I've been getting it every day in the same place, and now has spread to other areas around the lips, mainly at on the top lip, but occasionally also on the bottom. It seems to be getting progressively worse/ spreading - any ideas what this could be?
Previously for the last 6 months I've had randem twitches all over my body, but not really in my face, any ideas why this has spread now?
I have had an MRI and EMG and all tests came back normal, the neuro thinks its anxiety related but I find it hard to believe as have not had any anxiety - apart from this now which is making me v. worried.
Initially I was get the twitching when going to sleep, also some jerky limb movements, also I experienced some tingling in my hands, pins and needles in my feet, tingling at the tip of my nose, also seem to easily get numb feelings in my hands, especially when I wake first thing, as if the circulation has been cut off, once recently have also had a tremor of the hand .Sometimes also feel a racing/ pulsating feeling in whole body sort of under the skin.
Thanks for reading this and please let me know if you have any similar symptons , I'm particularly worried about the twitching in the lip area as this seems to be getting worse and is really worrying me.
I've almost gotton used to the twitches in the rest of my body - but the facial ones are v. disturbing.
Is there anything anyone can reccomend to allieviate the symptoms? my neuro. has suggested some drugs but I'm not sure this is the answer?
Or any disease you think these could be symptomatic of?

Thanks so much for your time.
qwerty

Re: UPPER LIP AREA TWITCHES

Postby Rachel W on August 31st, 2009, 12:39 pm

I get twitches in my lips and sometimes in my jaw muscles. Twitches are twitches, and you can get 'hot spots' anywhere. I am sure that you are fine especially as you get random twitches and pins and needles, symptoms not of what you are probably worried about.

Take Care

Rachel
Rachel W

Postby jro on August 31st, 2009, 2:03 pm

I would not worry about lip twitches and would not take meds for them (although they would likely help) if they are not painful or a cosmetic/social problem. I have bodywide twitches and the lips, jaw, cheek, tongue came 14 months ago along with the rest bodywide. With meds (Klonopin), I will get a few twitches a day in the face lasting for 5 to 10 seconds.
jro
Saint
Saint

Postby ed73 on August 31st, 2009, 4:32 pm

qwerty wrote:I've almost gotton used to the twitches in the rest of my body - but the facial ones are v. disturbing.
Is there anything anyone can reccomend to allieviate the symptoms?

Hola Qwerty,

One of our fellow twitchers, used botox shots to kill facial hotspots. It might help you.Personally, and this might sound a little whacky, I loved my facial twitches, particularly the lip twitch that you described in your thread. Sadly for me, I haven't had any facial fasics in months. Maybe I need to get a little anxious or stressed and see if they come back again, I really miss them.

Nothing to worry .

Adiós,

Eduardo
PROUD AMBASSADOR OF THE BFS COMMUNITY IN COLOMBIA
TWITCH PRO SINCE JUL-08
ed73
Hero
Hero

Postby aust2020 on August 31st, 2009, 8:48 pm

yes, i get the lip twitch, and sometime the whole area around one eye will twitch... agh!
aust2020
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby lindahcohen on August 31st, 2009, 8:51 pm

Just had these this year, and you're right - the new stuff sucks. It'll go away, and if you ever get it again you'll remember that it went away and it won't freak you out.
lindahcohen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tatsu15 on September 2nd, 2009, 5:02 pm

me... they are most disturbing. My dentist told me it could be because I have tmj I grind my teeth when I sleep and over time it will weaken the facial nerves/bone. So I need to do something about that.
tatsu15
Hero
Hero

Postby qwerty on September 6th, 2009, 11:59 am

Thanks for all the replies.
It really is good to know there are other people out there with similar problems.
I've been wondering if the twitches are related to diet - I've not eaten meat for a over 15 years, so am wondering if I'm lacking something?
Have been taking lots of supplements for the last 6 months, not sure if is helping or not.
Was low in vit. d, zinc, calcium , so am taking all these and magnesium - which seems to help.

I guess lots of you have looked into dietery issues - found anything that helps?
qwerty

Postby MarioMangler on September 6th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Eat things that make you happy. The happier you are, the less likely you will focus on what your body is doing. This is the time to start indulging in things you have been holding back from before. 8)
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, it's not ominous
6. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby highpriority4 on September 6th, 2009, 8:10 pm

MarioMangler wrote:Eat things that make you happy. The happier you are, the less likely you will focus on what your body is doing. This is the time to start indulging in things you have been holding back from before. 8)

This coming from Mr. Rusty Nuts...errr...hmmm...that just doesnt sound right...but...If you have read Mario's recent posts, you will understand...I'm not even gonna try and explain. LOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~*~Amy~*~
Aint no, rhyme or reason, no complicated meanin'
Aint no, need to overthink it, let go laughin'
Life dont go, quite like we planned it, we try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputable, absoluteable, totally beautiful fact is, Psssh
It happens...
highpriority4
Saint
Saint

Postby fox2run on September 7th, 2009, 4:24 am

highpriority4 wrote:
MarioMangler wrote:Eat things that make you happy. The happier you are, the less likely you will focus on what your body is doing. This is the time to start indulging in things you have been holding back from before. 8)

This coming from Mr. Rusty Nuts...errr...hmmm...that just doesnt sound right...but...If you have read Mario's recent posts, you will understand...I'm not even gonna try and explain. LOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~*~Amy~*~

Eat like a swine and you get cured. If you are mega-fat perhaps you wouldnt feel the facics anymore as the fat-layers cant fascikulate. We are talking FAT here, not just some overwieght. Go eat!
fox2run
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS