I need some reassurances...

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I need some reassurances...

Postby PamT on August 12th, 2003, 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bad day and I need some kind words.

My left foot is buzzing on the bottom, my left thigh is twitching and my thighs are kind of aching.

Yesterday, my arms hurt but they seem OK today. I had the tingly burning feeling in my legs yesterday which is very uncomfortable.

I'm going to see my doctor this afternoon with questions about antibiotics and I'm hoping she can calm me down some.

I'm not sleeping well, especially with all of the buzzing and twitching.

I see a neurologist Fri. and I'm scared to death!!!!!!!
PamT
PamT

Postby 25 on August 12th, 2003, 12:55 pm

Ugh, I know how you feel! You say both of your thighs ache and your hands did as well. What scares me is that it's only one of my legs! I don't think you should worry if it's both.

Anyhow, all your sx are normal w/ bfs. Friday is only 2 days away, but I know how you feel.

Postby osbormd on August 24th, 2003, 8:27 am

The buzzing and aches are very common with BFS. Good luck at your appointment. Let us know how it goes. Mike
osbormd

Postby PamT on August 25th, 2003, 7:55 am

Thanks for asking about the appt. I posted it earlier last week I think.

It went well.. the neuro. believes it is a combo of the Levaquin and anxiety causing my problems. Since I've seen him, the only time I've twitched is when I'm feeling nervous. I think the Levaquin is slowly wearing off - I will never take that stuff again!!!!
He did a brief neuro exam and talked to me. Told me how many medical doctors come to see him twitching.. and it's all from stress and anxiety.
Since I had a normal MRI and my neuro exam was OK , he told me to set my mind at ease he could do an EMG, but he didn't want to and didn't think I needed it. He was 99% sure I didn't have a bad disease, as he put it, but he knows how our minds work! So he told me to call him if I want more testing done.
Right now, I don't. I've been doing OK. He offered my medicine for anxiety but I really don't want to take anything. He told me to try meditation, Tai Chi something to control the anxiety and stress. So I"m working on it..
PamT
PamT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group