Neuro appt on thursday

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Neuro appt on thursday

Postby 25 on August 12th, 2003, 11:37 am

Well I finally did it! I could not stand the waiting any more. I am back at my neuro's day aft tomorrow. I want him to look at my thigh "atrophy" and am scared to death. Please, please keep me in your prayers.

Most of my twitches have moved to that leg!

Sandra

Postby Jenn311 on August 12th, 2003, 11:47 am

Hey Sandra...

I was in your shoes 2 weeks ago, going to the neuro because I thought I had atrophy (which I do, but she said atrophy in your leg is most likely due to a back injury...) I came back feeling extremely reassured that I didn't have ALS. I'm sure you'll be fine. If you really had a significant amt. of atrophy in your thigh you wouldn't be able to still get around.

I'll keep you in my prayers though! I'm proud of you for facing up to your fears and facing them...now you'll be able to get on with your life.

jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby 25 on August 12th, 2003, 12:53 pm

Thanks Jenn! I cannot believe how scared I am. I am not even telling my husband about the appt because he is so convinced that I am overrecating. I hope to God that he is right.

Thanks for the support. I just hope my outcome is the same as yours.

Sandra

Postby DogBone on August 12th, 2003, 4:05 pm

Sandra,

I did the same thing about 8 months ago - around Thanksgiving. I found a whole in my left arm, and we are talking a whole. If I held a ruler up to the arm, I could read through the whole it left. Anyway, the neuro said it was definately a deformity. He said I had probably never noticed it before. I thought he was nuts. How could I not notice it. When I would show it to people, they would say, "GROSS." And, sure enough I was twitching all over that whole. It was pure agony.

But alas, the neuro was right again. After a normal EMG and nearly 13 months of twitching. I still twitch a lot more than people on this site. In my opinion, 20-100 twitches per day is not twitching at all. I am in the thousands, but they go crazy and they lay off for a while, but on good days I may go to the 20-100 range.

Anyway - I am finally realizing that I do not have ALS and I would hope you can realize it so you can get out your rut. Anyway - I just posted this so you can realize that even if you are sure you have atrophy, most likely you do not.

DogBone
DogBone
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on August 13th, 2003, 2:13 am

Hi Sandra

I also think that you don't have atrophy. I've read many posts about atrophy on ALS forum (don't tell me that I shouldn't do that, because I know that) and everyone agreed that if you have atrophy which you can see it's impossible not to feel real weakness at this time.

So, stay calm, everything will be OK.
Keep us posting after your visit

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group