twitching and time and fear

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

twitching and time and fear

Postby gordonsummer on August 7th, 2003, 3:01 am

Friends,

So I have been feeling a bit better about my twitches, but today was a rough day. They seem to be all over the place and annoying me. I went here to get some reassurance and what I found a lot of people saying is that they have had it for a certain amount of months and that makes them feel better because it lowers the chance they have als. So I have only had my twitches for a month....should I worry more? Ahhhh help

gordo.
gordonsummer

Postby Pole on August 7th, 2003, 3:09 am

You shouldn't. You have no weakness so propably you don't have ALS. I have been twiching for over 4 months. I also wish it could be more :)

regards
M.
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on August 7th, 2003, 7:45 am

Keep in mind what my neuro said: "If you can feel your twitches, it is most certainly BFS".
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby kim on August 7th, 2003, 11:34 am

Gordo,

You are FINE! Go do something fun to keep your mind off your body. (Or, go do something fun WITH your body :lol: ) In any case, keep busy and choose to be happy. You only get one life, LIVE IT!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby PamT on August 7th, 2003, 12:11 pm

I have also only twitched maybe for 2 months. I started about 2 months ago and then I stopped. Then I was under stress and fighting a sinus infection/allergies, and it started back up. The worst time is when I'm trying to sleep and my throat feels like its' twitching and my legs are twitching/creeping.

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the antibiotics did something to me.
Were you taking any? I was on Leviquin, Keflex and Zithromax. Then I took some Flonase, and 2 days later I was twitching.
PamT
PamT

Postby Jenn311 on August 7th, 2003, 6:30 pm

Hey Pam,

We discussed the Levaquin thing before.....you may want to go back and do a search on this site for more info.
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchaholic on August 8th, 2003, 1:41 am

Pam,
I have taken Cipro, Zithromax, and am currently on Flonase, Nexium and Synthroid. It's like twitching in bottles I think.
twitchaholic

time

Postby Flash19 on August 8th, 2003, 6:36 am

When I only had the twitching a month, I had only had it a month too! In fact everyone here has only had it a month at some point. having it for only a month is more common that having it for longer because sometimes it goes away.

We've all only had it a month in the beginning. (jeez this is starting to sound like the monster from 'IT' - "We all float down here")

So my guess is that soon you'll have had it for longer than a month, and eventually you'll be just like me.

The bad news is that the worst is still to come for you. I'm warning you in advance to expect the exercise fixation, measuring your limbs with a tape measure... and YES they WILL all be different circumferences, maybe even out by a couple of inches in places. And so on...

You'll no doubt be exposed to the odd newspaper article about someone with ALS, and the odd scare posted here. All this is normal. The facts that:

A) You started twitching first.
B) Your twitching is noticable.
c) Your twitching is widespread.

Are all hallmarks of BFS not ALS.

Remember that BFS may also cause muscle fatigue, and muscle ache. So don't worry if you become affected by those. See I have your future mapped out. So when these things happen you can check back to this post for reasurance.

Flash

PS You're not going to die. Yet.
Flash19

Postby PamT on August 8th, 2003, 9:07 am

Gee thanks Flash - I have a lot to look forward to!!!
I look at my tongue alot already, so it has begun! BUt my tongue doesn't twitch constantly, although I think my throat does (or it's my pulse or stress).

I wonder if other people look at this forum and think we are hypos? I mean, I think EVERYONE OF US looked up "twitch" in Google and BAM, we were hooked and twitching even more!
...AND THEN the symptoms became clearer (we probably had them before, but never looked them up).
So every little change in our bodies make us nervous.
Right after I looked it up, my thumb and middle finger twitched. I freaked and here I am....
Thank God there is this forum...it's nice to know that other people feel similar to me and I'm not the only one twitching....

-Pam
PamT
PamT

Postby osbormd on August 25th, 2003, 10:25 am

Interesting article above about Flonase. I remember before my twitching started (10 months ago), I was taking Flonase and stopped it because I felt a lot of dizziness/inbalance. About 2 weeks later, my dizziness stopped and my twitches started.

Mike
osbormd

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group