HARD DAY

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

HARD DAY

Postby KERRI on July 22nd, 2003, 12:22 pm

Wow I am so upset, this possible ALS case that is coming for an emg today, I had to call him to move up the appointment, the neuro says it takes 2hrs atleast for him to complete the emg, they do a different more extensive emg to rule it out apparently. I do not know but what I do know is I feel horrible, I have a relief person coming over to take my place when this patient arrives, I am sooooooo frightened that if I see him I will mimick every symptom. He lives in my town to, so I do not want to know what he looks like, because every day that I see him I will have to run the other way.

WHY can I not put this fear behind me.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby reneeintx on July 22nd, 2003, 12:41 pm

(((kerri)))

I know I would feel EXTACTLY the way you are feeling. My heart would be racing as soon as I saw him. I'm glad a relief person will be there for you. Everytime I go out and see a person limping I think they have ALS. This is insanity...but this is how I live each day.

Someone suggested that maybe we should help out at an ALS clinic to get a grip on things. I don't think I'd make it through the front door..I'd be laying in the parking lot passed out from fear.

I can feel your panic. :( My heart is sad for this man. I hope and pray he has something else going on.

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group