NEAR HEART ATTACK

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

NEAR HEART ATTACK

Postby KERRI on July 21st, 2003, 8:06 am

You guys know that I assist on emg's every tuesday right, well the doctor just called to ask me if we could squeeze in a 2hr study. I asked why? He said do not flip, but I need to do a possible ALS case. I felt my heart flutter and then I got a twtich in my thigh, I hate to even hear those three letters put together, the guy is 79 kind of old for ALS.

I am freaked and I do not even want to be there to see this guy, so then I look up his address and he lives down the block from me, as if I was not scared enough. I do not even know anyone in this area with als and in the entire year that I have been assisting with emg this is the first possible als case.

I am so scared still, I feel like I cannot swallow or speak and I feel like I have more saliva than usual.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on July 21st, 2003, 8:25 am

What do you mean "assisting" on EMG? What do you EXACTLY do during exams?????

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby KERRI on July 21st, 2003, 8:57 am

Pole wrote:What do you mean "assisting" on EMG? What do you EXACTLY do during exams?????

regards
Marcin

Nothing, I do up all of the paperwork consents and what not, and then I have the patient change, and if they need help I help. I clean up the room after, the table gets pretty messy, some patients are bleeders. I process the billing end after.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby tlotoxl on July 21st, 2003, 1:05 pm

i don't think that any age is too old for ALS. my great uncle got it in his 70s.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on July 21st, 2003, 4:00 pm

from what I have read is about the same thing, there does not seem to be an age that you are "too" old for ALS. BUT there does seem to be a general agreement that there is an age that most doctors generally will say is too young for ALS, which usually seems to be about 40.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group