Outta here

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Outta here

Postby Dave Y2 on June 30th, 2003, 3:45 pm

This is Dave YY, I somehow lost my username again and I'm taking off anyway so not much point in trying to retrieve it. I can't get into my old private message account and won't be checking this one so please don't be offended if I haven't or won't reply.

Melodrama can be tedious, too, and I've reached my "this has gotten stupid" breaking point. Having received a private message from a certain moderator challenging me to a meeting to settle things physically, and also how my posts are inevitably twisted into something they never were meant to be, I've decided this place is not worth my time or lending of my experience. Hasta la vista, I've gotta better things to do. I will not be back.

p.s. Kerri, you don't have it. Period.
Dave Y2

Postby Jenn311 on July 1st, 2003, 12:06 am

Dave,
Even though you may never come back, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, I personally never thought you were being malicious. I think when people are scared, they tend to act somewhat irrationally, at best. I think the fact that you spent time sharing your story and offering support means that you, like many others on this site, are essentially a caring person. I feel very sad for you that you were misundertood by so many and that now, what I feel like is a very supportive network, is lost to you. I wish you the best.

And I am going to say this to the rest of you: No one comes to this site and spends their time trying to scare people just to be malicious. We all come here for the same reason: We are scared. And we are looking for comfort. For no reason should a serious member of this group not be allowed a voice. If their statements scare you, then maybe you are taking what they say way to seriously. Many times people will say things like that because they are looking for someone to contradict them. Sometimes they are just past the point of that information scaring them. I think this is where David was, and was simply attempting to add to the accumulated knowledge that makes this site the treasure that it is. And you have to know he is still a little freaked out too. Just like all of us. And he is human and he has fears, hopes and dreams. And I admire him for coming back to this site after he was uniformly slammed by many of the regulars here. I know I wouldn't have had the balls to do that.

I feel like a lot of you were caught between defending Arron, who has been a real source of comfort to most, if not all of us, and David, who just happend to not mesh real well with Arron. But the wisest thing to do is stay out of it.
It's like my grandfather said: I may not agree with your bumper sticker, but I'll fight like heII for your right to stick it on the back of your car.
Try and be a little more gracious people.
And David, I am sorry I didn't stick up for this injustice sooner.
Best wishes and love to you all,
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on July 1st, 2003, 11:50 pm

Jen, your post was great and I so agree with what your grandfather said about the bumper sticker.

What I said in my private message was a bit overstated by David. I said if he wanted to come over and talk, I'd give him my address. Sometimes things are hard to convey in words written, and there are two sides to every story. And why his user name got lost or locked-up as he said, is beyond me. Maybe JohnV, (the webmaster), dropped his membership or something, but I sure didn't have anything to do with it.

Sometimes I do get a bit worked-up when someone "appears" to be scaring people on this site with information that they can't really back-up.

I did drop a guy once for just stirring things up quite some time ago, but that was one incident and I warned him several times that if he kept it up, he would get axed. He was a really bad egg who was literally picking fights with people on here and doing nothing but spreading unfounded fear and wreaking havoc among ALL of the members, so out he went.

Maybe I misunderstood what DaveYY was first trying to say, I don't really know. All I know is it sure scared the heck out of a LOT of people on here and my private message system was running off the hook with people wanting positive and reassuring answers after getting all worked-up again.

I am sorry I made someone run-off and I'll just leave it at that. Great post again and great words of wisdom :-)
Arron

Postby Jenn311 on July 2nd, 2003, 9:37 am

Hi Arron

You are lucky to have so many loyal supporters. I know you have spent a lot of your valuable time on this website helping others, and I truly appreciate it. You have saved my sanity more than once!!! Did you know that you and I have the same last name? :wink: . So being family, I can't be angry with you! :lol: . I am also glad to hear that you didn't offer to kick David's butt. I am just sad that the two of you were so caught up in emotions that you didn't bother taking the time to carefully read into eachother's posts. I think a lot of feelings were hurt uneccesarily. It was an unfortunate situation all around.

Love, Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on July 2nd, 2003, 6:23 pm

Boy Jenn, whoever the first Johnson's were, they must have gotten around or something :lol: We're everywhere!

You sure look young in your picture :shock: Just kidding... I'm sure that's your little one :)

Thanks for the kind words. Take care.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group