Elavated liver enzymes

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Elavated liver enzymes

Postby Floater on June 21st, 2003, 8:40 pm

How does everyone stand on there liver panal bloodwork...it seems that people with bfs have elevated liver enzymes.. mine enzymes went from normal to moderatly elevated...had to get an ultrasound...but they went down to high normal range after a month...my ALT went from 44 in jan to 235 in march and to 72 in april...almost had to a liver biopsy. getting retested in july.. just concered because my palms are red now...and that is associated with liver disease. any one else with elevated liver enzymes or reddish palms

cpk level ...high normal 202
AST was also elevated and some other liver enzyme was elevated
ultrasound of liver only showed 2 small hemanginomas
Last edited by Floater on June 21st, 2003, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Jenn311 on June 21st, 2003, 9:34 pm

My Mom has red palms all the time....she had elevated liver enzymes too. And she has fibromyalgia. But her nuero said it was due to neuropathy caused from a problem with her neck bones. But Reynaud's syndrome causes that too. Are your hands sensative to cold and heat?
~jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on June 21st, 2003, 10:08 pm

my palms get hot and red...bright red sometimes. it looks like red wine under the skin..when you press on it it turns normal colorish and you can move the blood around with your finger and it fills back in with blood as you trail your finger along the skin..my doctor thinks its excessive blood flow.. its almost normal at times not much though..like when im lying down or have my hands at chest level...but if im standing they fill with blood...when i wash them they flare up to.. all this has happened with bfs..... first twitching...next month all my joints are popping and snapping more than 100 times a day(abnormal)... the next month my liver enzymes are elevated..a month later my palms have gotton red....im just wondering whats next?
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Jenn311 on June 21st, 2003, 10:25 pm

Do they hurt?
~jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on June 22nd, 2003, 11:06 am

no.. they pulse sometimes..its like they sort of inflame a little... the only time they look really normal is when im in a swimming pool..they have there original color... i just think i have liver palms....but my doctor said that they would be permanently red if they were liver palms..i donno... i look at my palms all day...it just amazes me how red they are.
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Jenn311 on June 22nd, 2003, 11:17 am

Liver palms? I've never heard of that! I should mention that to my mom. Sorry to hear of your suffering! Better than ALS though....!
~jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group