My doctor called...freaked me OUT!!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My doctor called...freaked me OUT!!

Postby reneeintx on June 20th, 2003, 6:26 pm

My gp called today and said my thyroid is now hypothyroid. I could sense it was :( I feel very fatiqued and achey. I've been having leg cramps as well.

I used to be hypothyroid 2 years ago and took .05 synthyroid.
Then in dec 02 I started twitching and had my blood drawn and the problem was HYPERTHYROID. I was then told to take .025 of synthyroid.

I had my blood taken again last week to see how my thyroid was doing, and they just called me and said I was HYPOTHYROID..AGAIN!!.
Why can't my friggin' body act right??!!

The doctor said my body is very sensitive to the synthroid I now have to take the rest of my life. I guess I'll alway be one or the other...never right. :(

How depressing :cry:

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on June 20th, 2003, 8:53 pm

Hey Renee,

Sorry to hear that! What a drag :x . But at least maybe you have an answer as to why you were having those bad leg cramps!
Take care of yourself darlin'!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby dave YY on June 21st, 2003, 12:54 am

Hi renee,

When my synthroid dose is changed a whole .025 it also goes hyper or hypo depending on direction. For me, it needs to be alternated, one day with the old dosage and the next day with the new dosage etc. So if I'm at .150 and hypo, I still take that one day but the next I take .175 and then back to .150 the next day, alternating. That's how the endos usually change my dosage.
dave YY

Postby reneeintx on June 21st, 2003, 9:12 am

Thanks Jenn, those leg cramps hurt so bad :(

Dave~I guess I didn't post all the info. The doc said to take alternating doses. You are totally right.

I hope this straightens everything out. I get tired out so easily.

I'm only seeing a gp and wonder if I should she an endocrinologist? I don't know why I don't. I have an insurance plan that doesn't require a referral.

I guess I dont want to hurt my doctors feelings. I see her this wed and I'm at least going to bring it up about seeing one.

I've always been this way, being careful of not hurting other people. Here's a real stupid example....
I'd like to change hairdressers. I've been with this woman for 5 years and I'd like to try someone different. I'm such a wimp I can't even do that :shock: (i'm afraid I'd hurt her feelings)

Thanks for the information. I'll be doing the alternating doses.

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group