relapse and anxious

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

relapse and anxious

Postby Alice on June 20th, 2003, 6:57 am

just read that another person in my tiny town has ALS, that makes 2, 1 of whom is a friend. . . And I woke up twitching worse than ever in my legs.
My doctor, of course, says I have no weakness and tries to reassure me, but I can't help it, I just get panicked some times. Having this web site really helps. What do you do when you get anxious about the twitches? It seems to make them worse.
Alice

Hey Alice

Postby KERRI on June 20th, 2003, 8:04 am

There are three people in my area who have als, all are over the age of 50 and only one is a woman, people still get ALS, that does not mean you will be one of them.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on June 23rd, 2003, 3:57 pm

Alice, stay calm. I have 9 people on my small country street that died of cancer, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else is going to get it.

Ask your doctor for some seditives such as Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, etc. to help calm your nerves. They come-in real handy when you are anxiuos and really help you calm down. And you can take them as needed, not all of the time, which is nice.

Also, keep what Kerri said in mind. It doesn't mean YOU are going to get ALS, OK? It's OK to twitch! It doesn't mean anything's "wrong"... OK? hang in there :)
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group