Any opinion on this?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Any opinion on this?

Postby DanielDK on June 11th, 2003, 7:52 am

Hi everybody!

First I'd like to than Aaron for your A.M.A.Z.I.N.G work in here! What a support and great comfort you are to many of us!

I'd just like to ask you guys a question, and if any of you have any good suggestions as to what I should do next, I' d be very happy. If not, please ignore my post, since it's not directly related to BFS. - somehow.

Well, I do suffer from BFS, and have been suffering for about 7 months now. I have taken a big load of different tests, and I' m going to get a new one done now. I just got off the phone with a neurologist, and he said I should do a so-called EEC-test. (Something about reading off the brain waves and brain-activity). The thing is, for the latest month or two, I' ve been walking around with a constant feeling og light-headedness or even dizzyness. I wouldn't say vertigo, cause I walk straight and stand still. But everytime I look around or get up and walk, everything just seems so strange...I dont focus as quick, and it feels as if everything takes place in an a different speed than usual. It's very uncomfortable, especially since I constantly feel dizzy, and feel tired.

It feels almost as if my conscience has changed - as if I' m not really `here` all the time. Sorry, I know it sounds very abstract, and therefore I describe it as dizzyness. Hmm..Dunno, maybe it's all going on inside my head. However - it's very unpleasant, and I' ve even been forced to cancel my final math-exam tomorrow, because I feel a lack of concentration-ability, and I get dizzy just by thinking of even leaving the house, and standing infront of a blackboard.

Well, I hope that a few of you might have a little extra energy and time to answer me, but if not, I understand. Surely you guys have different and other important things to think about.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel
DanielDK

Postby dave_stereophonic on June 11th, 2003, 10:16 am

I know exactly what you mean. I get phases where I'm like this -if I go out walking somewhere I feel a little strange - almost as if I want to sit or fall down or something. It's a very strange feeling isn't it? I often worry that it's something serious, but then I always feel better. I don't know what this could be- whether it's a reaction to the weather or something, or BFS related, or anxiety or what. Sometimes I think it's from spending too long on the computer, or from drinking too much caffeine. One thing - I've been eating more fruit recently and have felt better- maybe it's diet thing, who knows!
*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Dave

*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
dave_stereophonic

Postby Jenn311 on June 11th, 2003, 12:42 pm

Hey Danny boy...

Are you really a red head? I like your avatar! (your's too Stereodave...)

Ad for the feeling you are describing....:YES! I have had that same thing. Mine is related to the ears and sinuses. I have several problems, such as a severly deviated septum (and the wierdest thing is....I was thinking I could never have this as my nose is perfectly straight...), no openings in some of my sinuses so they don't drain properly, and the thing that my ENT thinks causes my dizzy/lightheaded feeling: something called stenosis of the auditory canal. I think what that is is a narrowing of the eustacian tubes. How that is all inter related, I am not sure. But my suggestion to you would be to see an ENT (ear nose throat doctor), and get your ears tested before you get this other test done, as dizziness is most commonly related to your inner and middle ears.

Try not to fret too muc, though I know what a horrible feeling it is walking around always feeling out of it.
Cheers!
~jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Rich Longer on June 11th, 2003, 1:30 pm

Daniel

I am sure this is nothing. But if its bothering you to the extent that you are cancelling exams etc I would get it properly checked out by your doctor

Rich
Rich
Rich Longer

Postby DanielDK on June 11th, 2003, 1:40 pm

Hi again!

Dave, Jen and Rich - thank you all so much for taking time off to give me some feedback! It's great to have people and a place like this!

I will do as you said Jen, and consult a nose-ear-throat doctor, there' s one ju2 blocks from me. (Hey, I live on the countryside/suburb...there are no "blocks" here! But it's such a cool american phrase, so I' ll use it anyway!) I' ll definitely get my ears checked! And I' ll eat fruit too Dave - a lot of fruit!
Who knows, you gotta try everything!

And also thank you Rich, I 'll try not to let i bother me. But I think we all tell ourselves, that many of our symptoms are triggered by our mind going crazy or going overdrive - but this time it feels as if the dizzyness and out-of-conscience-feeling came FIRST, and then the concerns about it in my head came afterwards!...I think you know all the feelings ;)

(And btw - I' m not a red-head - even though I think that's pretty much the coolest thing in the world to be - but I do have long, curly hair...and since there are no Bob Marley-figures to put under your name, I went for the red-haired rock star figure!)

Thanks to ALL of you,

Daniel
DanielDK

Postby Arron on June 12th, 2003, 12:07 pm

I get that same, slight vertigo feeling all of the time. When I push a shopping cart, I feel like I am slowly turning sideways and sometimes the floor feels like it isn't flat or something.

I get sinus infections all of the time and attribute some of these feelings as presure behind my eyes or a possible slight inner ear thing going-on.

There is a symptom in Fibromyalgia called "brain fog", where you kind of feel "not there" and many doctors believe that Fibro and BFS are either one in the same or at least related, so the brain fog theory might be what you are experiencing. Hang in there. There are a lot of us with the same weird stuff going-on.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group