Phases

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Phases

Postby KERRI on June 8th, 2003, 8:17 am

Hi Guys,

I keep going through these phases, I will get maybe one twitch in the day and maybe none, but I am still feeling not myself, I wake up every morning feeling just plain weird. I guess I could use someone to talk to I catch myself obsessing every once an a while about the way my hands look or tongue looks, I am going to see the neurologist next wednesday for my 3 month follow up. If he says everything is okay then what should I do, I still feel strange.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on June 8th, 2003, 9:08 am

Kerri,...

Darlin', you really need to call and make an appt. to see a therapist. If you find that you are obsessing to the point that it is making your life miserable, and it has been ongoing and you can't deal with it yourself, it is time to seek professional help. The longer you wait to see a therapist, the longer you force yourself to agonize over nothing. I have been there, where I would lay awake at night and obsess about different things I perceived wrong with my body. Then I would wake up in the morning tired and worn out emotionally. I realized that if I didn't allow myself to obsess about these things I slept better and had a lot more energy. And almost always these things would go away as mysteriously as they started.

Our bodies don't run perfectly all the time. Sometimes weird things happen, we get little aches, rashes, twitches, you name it. But our bodies also have this incredible power to right themselves. You need to start trusting your body! For the sake of your mental health.

Please go see a therapist! I hate to see you suffering!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

THERAPY

Postby KERRI on June 8th, 2003, 9:35 am

I have applied for a new job, and it would reflect poorly to have any type of therapy in my past, so I am waiting to find out whether or not my background checks have cleared, and I am officially hired.

Am I right or wrong, do I have something physically wrong with me or is it all in my head? How long will it take me to see that everything is going to be alright.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby dave_stereophonic on June 8th, 2003, 12:00 pm

Kerri, please visit

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categories.c ... ryID=16170

there are sooooo many people there who suffer from the same kind of problems - it's certainly helped me. It's really thriving community, I'm sure you'll find someone on there who'll help you through this

God Bless

Dave
dave_stereophonic

Kerri

Postby Brian_B on June 8th, 2003, 2:14 pm

any medical records would be confidential, so any job you applied for should not be able to know if you was ever in therapy before or was in therapy now.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Rich Longer on June 8th, 2003, 5:52 pm

Kerri

I am no expert and can only speak from my own point of view, but I think there are two parts to this.

1) A huge anxiety component - in your case I think this is a major part of the problem. And as jen says you really need to get some help with this as it is clearly causing you a great deal of distress. I don't know the system in the US but surely noone has access to your medical records do they?

2) The BFS itself - I have felt wierd for a year now. I get many strange symptoms that are not in my head. I have posted about most of them and i won't repeat it all here. For me there is (or was ) a real physical illness which makes me feel odd ( although these days i am almost back to normal). Perhaps this is the case for you too.

As far as I am aware there is nothing to help with BFS, but there are many people who can help you come to terms with anxiety - so please do go and see someone - you will feel a whole lot better for it.

Rich
Rich
Rich Longer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group