Hypochondria, and bfs

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hypochondria, and bfs

Postby KERRI on May 14th, 2003, 6:41 pm

:oops: I am very embarrased I have been a little obsessive lately. I guess it is because finally everything is coming together and I am falling apart. I have a great career and a terrific fiance. I love my job I drive a nice car and I am a physical and psychological mess.

I would like to say I am sorry if I have upset anyone. I have just been holding so much of this in, that I took full oppurtunity of the forum. I am trying to accept BFS as BFS and I will slowly do so. I am going to take a break from the forum for a while, I think I have done more damage for you guys and myself. I am sorry, but I am very happy to see that new people join this forum almost every day, it is great for people to have a place to go to, doctors are not very good about explaining all of this stuff.

I am a twitcher but I am not dying, and I am confident we are all in that boat. I notice that since I have started on the forum the twitches have stopped for a few days and then come back. I do not twitch nearly as much as I used to and that is probably a very very good sign.

I apoligize for being such an a*@.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on May 14th, 2003, 8:45 pm

Kerri...

There is no need to apologize or to feel embarassed...we have all been in your shoes. That is what we are here for: to support each other. If this site has been helpful, then I urge you not to retreat from here. True, you may have scared a few people by bringing in certain things you found on other sites, but if they were scaring you then you have the right to ask the opinions of others. Most of the people here aren't that easily swayed.
Yes, you are in need of some help for your hypochondria, and until that is addressed I don't think you are going to find any peace of mind. My thoughts and prayers go out to you....I think you have a long row to hoe until you are over your anxieties. But like others have told you, that day will come. Your worst enemy now is your fear. If you were as proactive in dealing with that as you are at addressing your concerns of ALS, you would be a lot further down the road to mental and physical wellness than where you are now. I urge you to call and make an appt. to see a therapist as soon as possible...ask your doctor for a referral to a cognative therapist if one is available in your community.

But I think most people in this forum have been pretty supportive and understanding of your problems. Don't let anyone offend you! Be strong Kerri...and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that if you need us we are here.
~Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby fastpage on May 15th, 2003, 11:48 am

I also urge you to hang around. I don't think you upset anyone. Folks were just trying to give you some strong "encouragement". Sometimes the written word is easily misconstrued without voice inflections. My advice, for example, to quit reading about ALS was not meant to be critical. Everyone here told me the same thing, and I have improved greatly since I stopped searching for new symptoms of the dreaded disease. It does not do any good, especially when the odds that you have it are infinitesimal. I think Jenn had some good ideas for you. Good luck.
fastpage

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group