EXPERIENCE WITH PAXIL

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EXPERIENCE WITH PAXIL

Postby KERRI on May 11th, 2003, 7:57 pm

MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON PAXIL, I FEEL HORRIBLE, I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON IT FOR THREE WEEKS. I SHAKE MORE, FEEL NAUSEATED, I HAVE HEADACHES. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH PAXIL.

I ALSO FEEL LIKE I CANNOT SWALLOW NOW AND THEN, BUT I JUST HAD MY TONGUE EMG ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO, SHOULD I BE WORRIED. AFTER 4 EMGS I AM STILL WORRIED, SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME REASSURANCE THAT I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT. I STILL OBSESS ABOUT 1 LOCALLIZED FASCICULATION FOUND ON ONE EXTREMITY.

KERRI
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby reneeintx on May 12th, 2003, 12:12 pm

Kerri-

I don't know about paxil, but I did take prozac for 9 years..too many. I wish I hadn't taken it that LONG. My neuro says SSRI's should be used only as a band-aid to help us along over the rough parts of life. Then it should be stopped. Despite the overkill of this drug, it did help me emotionally and I even lost weight :). I had no side effects..none. Today, as of a month ago I am prozac-free. Also prozac has been around alot longer than paxil. I don't like being the guniea pig when it comes to medicine.

As for your twitch that's localized, my feet and toes move constantly It worries me to some extent but part of my emg was done in my ankles and no fasciculation was found. Oh well.

I get the feeling of the lump in the throat sometimes. Gosh I hate that!! Remember you've had multiple emg's and nothing was found.

Do you tell your doctor about your fears that your symptoms still could be something serious. If so what do they say??

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on June 11th, 2003, 1:46 am

I tried Paxil for about 2 weeks and had to stop. I was a complete zombie, tripping over my own two feet, slurring speech, in slow motion and feeling like I had 4 shots of 190 proof ever clear. Also, my twitches and body jolts got WAY worse while on that crap. Now in retrospect, many other people have gotten great relief from paxil, so it is a case by case scenario.

Personally, I like my Ativan when I need it. It always works great.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group