Does anybody get "twitchier" after exercise or cut

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Does anybody get "twitchier" after exercise or cut

Postby reneeintx on May 3rd, 2003, 10:32 pm

Whenever I get back from jogging my calves and feet are twitching like crazy. Today I was doing yard work..when I got back in the house to rest, my feet and calves were doing the microwave popcorn dance. Does this happen to you??

Renee :? :?
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on May 4th, 2003, 12:24 pm

like crazy. the other week i got drunk and played an hour of soccer with some guys younger and in much better shape than me. when i got home my legs were twitching like madddddd...
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on May 6th, 2003, 2:22 pm

tlotoxl,

I hate to say I'm glad you experience the same thing. I'm glad you replied because if no one else had more twitching after excerise I'd be going out of my freaking mind..wondering..if it was only ME.

Sounds like you had a good time playing soccer! and being drunk :lol: The only question that I have is.."did you win"?

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

twitching after exercise

Postby uben on May 6th, 2003, 5:50 pm

Hi Renee,

I make always the same experience - after exercises I notice more twitches in my calves for a couple of hours. The next day I feel also more exhausted than in former times when I did not have BFS.

uben
uben

Postby Davidd on May 11th, 2003, 3:40 pm

Renee-

Twitching a lot after exercise seems to be VERY common. I find that after I workout (especially running) that on the drive home from the gym my calves twitch like crazy! What you are experiencing is not uncommon at all so I wouldnt worry about it. One thing I am curious about though is how long it takes before the twitches go back to their "normal state"?

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on May 12th, 2003, 11:49 am

David-

When the excercise induced twitching starts it seems to pop for hours. When they won't calm down this is when I reach for xanax to stop, or at least slow it down. It bothers me so much while this is happening so I don't wait for it to slow on it's own, I intervene with the med's.

reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on May 12th, 2003, 7:18 pm

Renee--

If you ever decide not to intervene with the meds, I'd be curious to know how long it takes before the twitching subsides...it usually takes several hours for me. I am curious though if you take the xanax after exercising because the twitching bothers you psychologically or because they actually hurt a little because of their intensity?

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on May 13th, 2003, 11:02 am

David-

It bothers me psycho-wise. They never hurt me though. I just hate seeing and feeling my skin move like a ghost is pressing his fingers along my legs.

Usually at night though my toes cramp up, so
while I'm watching tv I have to hold my toes in an upward position This especially happens after a very active day.

reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on June 11th, 2003, 1:43 am

yeah, some people can make twitches happen simply by flexing a muscle. I know I can sometimes.

It's REAL common for twitches and shakes to get worse after exercise or after doing things like yard work and stuff. Welcome to what is known as "exercise intolerance". Some people get pain with it and other's don't. Everyone is different, and even in the same individual, the patterns will change from time to time. It just depends on your body's "chemestry" at the time, which is yet another factor that points to my theory that BFS is some kind of enzyme or body substance disorder rather than a neurological disorder...
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group