2 part question, and possible answer!!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

2 part question, and possible answer!!

Postby kim on April 6th, 2003, 2:44 pm

Hi all!

How many of you have been told by your doctors that your "condition" is probably caused by stress? And that it was benign?

How many of you have taken that advice to heart, and actually accepted it as fact, made an effort to work on your anxiety and try to either prove or dis-prove this theory?

Well, I did. And guess what? I am almost completely twitch free. In fact, I bet I don't twitch any more than the average person these days. I decided several months ago to go this route. I sought therapy, went on Zoloft, and made consious decisions to try and re-train my thoughts to more positive ones. If I found myself worrying or obsessing, I would try to quickly re-direct my thoughts, and move on! I can honestly say this has made a huge difference in my life. Not only do I feel healthy physically, but my mental health is at an all time high too! I am sure I will never be "normal". That is a given! :roll: But life is looking good, and I don't want to look back.

Something some of you may want to consider! I'm not saying it is the answer for everyone, but it has helped me a great deal!

kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on April 6th, 2003, 3:25 pm

I agree. I dont take any meds but changing the way I think and destressing techniques have help me alot. I barely twitch now and I think it has everything to do with the fact that i dont obsess anymore!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group