constantly twitching lip and tongue?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

constantly twitching lip and tongue?

Postby dwl on March 31st, 2003, 2:47 pm

One of the worst things about bfs seems to be its ability produce new and worrying symptoms once in a while, just as you're getting used to the symptoms you already have.

I'm 40 years old and have been twitching since July 2002 - mostly calves but lots of other places too. I saw a neuro in September 2002 who could find no abnormality, and an emg was normal. My only other symptoms have been muscle pains and rubbery-feeling muscles which come and go.

My new source of concern is that one side of my upper lip has been twitching quite fiercely for 3-4 weeks. This is practically constant and it has the effect of pulling my lip to one side. For the last week I have had definite tongue twitching, usually brought on by tongue movements. I can actually see little indentations appearing on the surface of the tip of my tongue and it also stiffens up for a couple of seconds making speaking a little difficult but only for that time.

My main reason for concern is that I haven't ever had the one muscle consistently twitch like that for such a sustained period - it seems a bit more than a regular "hot spot". Does anyone else have any similar experiences?

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby Davidd on April 2nd, 2003, 9:52 pm

David--

"Been there, done that!" These twitches always seem to find new places to go and last longer or shorter...whatever their preference. I've had twitches in my left tricep for the past 1 week now for the first time ever and some are really BIG twitches. I know they're scary when you get them in new places and sometimes they do last a while...but, they usually migrate to another place at some point...and remember, they are also benign. Hang in there.

--David

You know it's funny (ok not really funny) but I also started twitching in July of 2002. Maybe it was something in the air here?! Do you happen to live in CT?
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dwl on April 3rd, 2003, 12:37 am

An interesting thought, but nope, I'm in the UK!

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby DogBone on April 4th, 2003, 2:48 pm

I am also a Jul2002? :lol:

DogBone
DogBone
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor