Hello Everyone

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hello Everyone

Postby Miss Twitchy on September 9th, 2002, 2:07 am

Hi there, fellow twitchers. Well I can't tell you how glad I am to have found this board...and as cheesy as it sounds, it's so nice to know there are others that have the same symptoms as me. Its also interesting to hear about what other people have been experiencing and how they cope. I'm not a gloom-and-doomer twitcher...I know that in the absence of atrophy and weakness that bfs is just a pain in the butt...but that's exactly what it is! And sometimes I just want to tell my body to STOP TWITCHING!!! I guess I'm so frustrated b/c I am 23 years old and have been twitching since I was 11. In fact, it all started with a strong twitch in my right shoulder that has been going strong for nearly 12 years!!! This twitch started as a mere annoyance and has been going on for so long that I dont even know it's there anymore. I continued to get other twitches on random parts of my body, usually my legs, in addition to the one in my shoulder. Some would last for a week or so and then stop, always becoming stronger and more noticeable when I would drink sodas or coffee. However my junior year of high school, I began to have the most annoying twitch so far...both of my temples! They both have been twitching constantly for about 7years now.., also getting worse from caffeine and from usage (chewing gum or other chewy stuff). It is somewhat weird because you feel like your brain is twitching. They vary in location about the temple and in their degree. Sometimes I dont notice and other times I can actually see them in the mirror. Nonetheless annoying, especially when they are close to my ear and I can HEAR them..yikes! Other twitches around my body continue on and off randomly. I also have a constant barrage of twitches and slight cramping in my arches, which I have been hearing around the bfs community as quite common. I dont notice them until I am stationary but they are very interesting to observe after a day of alot of walking, esp. since I can see them through my skin. I've learned to just live with them and actually find them entertaining on occasion (ok, when I'm bored). I even enertain friends with them sometimes. Or just annoy them with saying "Look, my (blank) is twitching!" But they have never frightened me or made me feel worried about serious underlying implications. I'm just more seismically active than some other people! Anyways, I hope maybe some of you can relate to my story or maybe just think its cool someone has had a twitch just as annoying and persistent as yours! Good to meet everyone! :twisted:
Miss Twitchy

Postby Arron on September 9th, 2002, 1:37 pm

Thanks Miss Twitchy, your story will surely help other's realize that this stuff doesn't have to be a bad thing. I laugh at my twitches too sometimes and yes, my temples have twitched numerous times and even inside my ears where I could hear them too. That's a strange one for sure! Glad to hear you are doing fine with all of this. Take care and don't be a stranger here, OK? :P
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group