Who else has non-stop eye twitching?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Who else has non-stop eye twitching?

Postby kim on March 23rd, 2003, 8:16 pm

Just wondering. It's been almost 10 months non-stop. I had a 2 week reprieve that ended today, and another week reprieve in November. Otherwise, it's pretty much 24/7. When it's not twitchig, I feel like a million bucks! The body twitches don't bother me nearly as much.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on March 23rd, 2003, 8:55 pm

Kim,
My right eye is where this all started. First of December I get an eye twitch, and I think this would stop...NO...continues on into middle of January then my whole body was effected. Back in December while I was driving I would feel my eyelid twitching and would always be looking in the rearview mirror to see it. It was so suttle but it didn't feel that way. I hate when the arches in my feet twitch :twisted: it feels like bugs crawling and the tendons look like piano keys playing... weird, very weird. Since all of this started I drink lots of wine coolers to relax. MMMMM fuzzy navel's :D

Your posts reflect a very calm attitude. I commend you!

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby kim on March 24th, 2003, 5:33 pm

Renee,

My left eye started twitching last June. many times a day, for long periods. It ended in November, but two weeks later the right eye started, then in January both eyes would do it. I looked like a crazy person :shock:

I'm 10 months into this crap, but I really don't fear it anymore. With the help of Zoloft and Zinfandel!!! :lol:

I don't get the foot twitches, but I have had them just about everywhere else! Even places I can't mention! :roll:

I hope all else is well with you. BFS is bothersome, but I have more important things to worry about. Life is too short and I'm going to live it to the fullest!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

eye twictches

Postby Rioja on April 25th, 2003, 4:06 am

:!: tell me bout it :!: My BFS started 12 years ago with 2 months on NON STOP eye lid twitching. Both the upper and lower lids going t sme time incredible! Still get them every now and again but used to them. As for twitching in naughty places :oops: well haad those too. Quite funny really sitting in aa meeting t work and feeling your **** twitch :shock: You've really got to see the funny side of that :P
cheers
Max
Its tough, but always try and look on the bright side. this condition is after all benign, it could be a lot lot worse :)
Rioja
Interested
Interested

MAX PLEASE READ

Postby reneeintx on April 25th, 2003, 1:38 pm

Rioja~Max

OMG 12 years for you!! :shock: I don't know whether to cry hearing this or jump for joy knowing other people can have this for so long and nothing sinister has happened. The crying part is knowing that BFS can be hanging around for the rest of my life.

Do you still see a neurologist on occasion Rioja? or have you just come to terms with it after all these years?

I hate the butt twitches too! My a** being played like a bongo drum by a ghost. :lol:

Mine started with the eye twitching and progressed over a 2 month period.

I'm curious... what did your doctor say 12 years ago?

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Rioja on April 29th, 2003, 4:51 pm

:D Hi Renee
Trust me on this, forget them and move on with your life. The neuro I saw said a similar thing to me. When you look at it simply what is the point of worrying about it. If something is going to happen it would've happened to me by now, and I bet you're be just the same. Don't waste anymore time fretting on it, just makes em worse.
Good luck, I can ignore them and so can you.
To reassure you further, once i learnt to live with them they got much much better.
take care
Max
:) :!:
Its tough, but always try and look on the bright side. this condition is after all benign, it could be a lot lot worse :)
Rioja
Interested
Interested

Postby Nole on April 30th, 2003, 1:28 pm

I had the same thing for about 5 months, it all started with that. Havent had them though since Sept. They will stop eventually!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on May 11th, 2003, 3:43 pm

Kim-

Of all the places I've ever experienced twitching, the eyes are absolutely at the top of the list for the worst places to twitch. This past week in fact, I had non-stop eye twitches in my right eye which has now moved to my left eye. Do you drink caffeine at all? Do you get enough sleep at night? It probably is related to BFS but I find that when I am tired (which is most of the time!) my eyes twitch a lot more. I hope they go away soon!!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby kim on May 11th, 2003, 8:29 pm

Davidd,

Since I first posted this, my eyes finally stopped twitching! (almost a month now!) Thank GOD! I can honestly say that the less I have been worrying about my BFS, the less I twitch. It's been a long process, but I think I'm to a point where I'm cool with it! My twitching is at an all time low, and who knows, maybe it's on the way out! :wink:

Wishing everyone twitch free days!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on May 12th, 2003, 7:15 pm

Kim--

I am glad that you are more "cool with" the twitches! I, also, have been getting more used to them. It has taken me almost a year since this stuff started but as I look back I really wonder why I worried myself almost to death for several months...I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep..I saw so many doctors, blah blah blah. I still have my days here and there where things look less than rosy but every week it seem like I have good days and bad days whereas before it was only bad days. I always keep hope that one day the twitches will just go away. They showed up out of the blue one day and I stilll believe they'll go away one day!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group