Anyone been to a midwest Neuromuscular center?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone been to a midwest Neuromuscular center?

Postby osbormd on March 4th, 2003, 3:29 pm

Has anyone been to a Neuromuscular center or clinic in the midwest for twitching and been "diagnosed" with BFS? I live in Illinois, so that would be prefferable.
I'm looking for a center/clinic where the physician is experienced enough to know (as well as can be known) what's BFS vs. MND. Preferrably a place that has a 100% track record in diagnosing BFS and none of those having lead to MND.

I've had some worsening (and new) symptoms the last few weeks and can't get it through my feeble mind I'm still Benign. I'm sure it's just my little brain, but I thought I'd do a follow up at a new place soon.

Thanks
osbormd

Postby Brian_B on March 4th, 2003, 4:26 pm

I do not know of any place that is for only twitching, but if you live close to Chicago I would imagine there is plenty of good places there to go. If you live down south like me, Barnes Hosptial as well as St. Louis University Hospital in St Louis are 2 very good hospitals as well.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on March 5th, 2003, 8:00 pm

The Mayo Clinic has been written up many times for all sorts of "medical detective" work and they have even done a BFS study which you can find somewhere in this site. They have a few locations but I believe their main location is in Minnesota which may not be too far from you. If I decide to pursue this mystery further at some point, there is a good chance I would try to get an appointment at this place.

Let us know!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

midwest neuromuscular center

Postby fastpage on March 25th, 2003, 11:06 am

I agree, the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN. It can't be too far from you. My wife has been there for an injury induced dystrophy problem with good results. Other close relatives have been there also for several other things. Biggest problem we found was waiting time to get in, which was about 4 months for us. They also have a pretty impersonal attitude-all business. If you want information they are good. If you want speed or a kindly, concerned bedside manner our experience says not so good. The positive side of that is they are credible. If something is wrong with you they will tell you-no fears they are trying to hide something to spare your feelings.
fastpage

Postby osbormd on March 30th, 2003, 6:54 pm

My local Neuro wrote me a referral to the Mayo Clinic Rochester. I'm going on the week of May 5. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Let me know if any of you have any questions you would like me to address with them.

Take care,
Mike
osbormd

Mayo

Postby fastpage on April 1st, 2003, 12:48 pm

Good luck with your upcoming visit at Mayo. Please let us know what you find out. I'll keep your "question for the Doctor" offer in mind. Best Wishes. --Graig
fastpage

midwest neurologists

Postby Barb on June 10th, 2003, 11:12 am

I went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Felt like it was thourough.

Barb
Barb

midwest neurologists

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group