BFS must be growing by leaps and bounds

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS must be growing by leaps and bounds

Postby TimJA on February 21st, 2003, 4:37 pm

Both Time and Newsweek had cover articles about anxiety this week, what with the Iraq situation, 9-11, terrorism fears and economic worries.

I'm sure BFS is much more widespread than we realize.

About a month ago I developed a twitch in my lower eyelid, following a short flu-like illness. That spread to my arm and legs to the point where I was experiencing random twitching on a regular basis.

I had an ALS scare, like everyone else on this board :), but fortunately I've read enough about BFS to be convinced that I have BFS, not ALS.

Today I completely gave up all caffeine and that seems to have made a big difference. I realized after adding it all up that I was drinking 7-8 cups of joe a day! I had to take some Advil to ward off the inevitable caffeine withdrawal headache, but it's great not to be twitching!

I'd recommend to anyone who thinks they have BFS who HASN'T given up all caffeine to try that before doing anything else.

Also, CHILL OUT. Take a "news fast." Stay away from television news in particular. Turn off the cell phone. Go for a walk. Breath the fresh air.

This is a great Website. Thanks to the Webmaster and good luck to all.
TimJA
Interested
Interested

chilling out

Postby izzie on February 23rd, 2003, 4:36 am

Tim,
Good to hear a success story and you are right too much caffeine may be a cause for some of us. I think the advice about chilling out is spot on. I for you will bw taking it
cheers
Izzie
izzie
izzie
Interested
Interested

chilling out

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group