new year, new twitches!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

new year, new twitches!

Postby kim on January 5th, 2003, 7:02 pm

:) Hi all!

It's been a while since my last post I tried to log on with my old user name (KEG) but system would'nt let me. :?:

I have had some really good months where I bet I only had a few twitches a day, and I've had one or two where I thought I'd twitch myself right out of my seat! :shock: This month has been pretty bad. I have to admit that I am almost certain my twitching is more prevelant during PMS and stress! I started a new and very demanding job this month, and I can tell you I noticed the twitches almost immediately after starting the job. But, I won't let these buggers stop me from making the kind of money I deserve! I only visited this site for a short time, but your wisdom and insights have all stayed with me. The help you gave me in overcoming my fear of ALS, and the loads of support and information, helped me in moving on. I am still on anti-depressants which help, as well as xanax to help with sleep at night when twitches are bad. I have been twitching now for about 4 months, and no body part is left un-twiched. They are ramdom, quick, and hit me from head to toe and internally! But, the good news is I now know it is something I can live with. I may not like it, but I can live with it!

Just wanted to update you guys, and also see how you were all doing?

I am hoping the twitching loses it's steam again once I settle into this job. I'll let you know!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on January 5th, 2003, 8:10 pm

Hello Kim,

Glad to hear from you again. I suspect they will settle down once you do. Try and find some time for yourself to relax everyday, even if it only is a few minutes. I find this works well for the twitches. Keep your spirits up and remember you can deal with this and move on. Live your life and be happy. We are here whenyou need us.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on January 5th, 2003, 8:25 pm

Hi KEG, I remember you. Congrats on the new job and higher pay!!! You go girl :D

Glad to hear you are doing great these days. I still take Ativan every now and then to sleep or just to stay calm on those "edgy" days. A good friend of mine is a CEO of a very large company and he takes Xanax too, all of the time. We always joke about his little pills and my little pills to keep our sanity while we run businesses with no one ever even knowing about it :wink:

I am glad you stoipped-by to say Hello and I'm sure your story will enlighten some of the newer twitchers out there that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't necessarily the light on a freight train coming either.

You take care and please stop-in from time to time to say hello, OK? :D
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group